Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My partner and I are currently applying for a 309/100 for myself and had a few questions regarding the lengths we should go to in supplying our bank statement information. We have been in a relationship for 4 years, engaged for 2 years and living in my family home with my mother & 2 sisters for 3 and a half years. We're currently going through our bank statements for the past 4 years and are wondering if it's a little too much to submit? It is often the case that with joint purchases (food shops, leisure etc) that I will pay for the items on my card and then my partner will send me half over paypal. It has been this way from the very beginning and includes rent payments I send to my mother. I have downloaded and filtered all paypal transactions to one another for the past 4 years, colour coded them based on what the transaction was for, and left the original payment note given with the transaction. Alongside this we were planning on submitting our regular bank statements; I have already gone through 4 years of my own, colour coded and annotated them, and my partner is currently doing the same. Looking at them all, it seems like it may be a little too much? There is a huge amount of information as it contains every bank transaction each of us has made over the past 4 years, plus all of our paypal transactions. Our reasoning for this was because the only asset that we own together is our shared car we've owned for a year and both of our names on a shared insurance policy as we're still living at home with my family. I've read on here that sometimes case officers will say that there's too much information to sort through and were wondering if ours may be a little overkill? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated! :) I think like most people, we're just a little nervous and want our application to go as smooth as possible!

Thanks,

Dan & Yaz

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hello everyone,

My partner and I are currently applying for a 309/100 for myself and had a few questions regarding the lengths we should go to in supplying our bank statement information. We have been in a relationship for 4 years, engaged for 2 years and living in my family home with my mother & 2 sisters for 3 and a half years. We're currently going through our bank statements for the past 4 years and are wondering if it's a little too much to submit? It is often the case that with joint purchases (food shops, leisure etc) that I will pay for the items on my card and then my partner will send me half over paypal. It has been this way from the very beginning and includes rent payments I send to my mother. I have downloaded and filtered all paypal transactions to one another for the past 4 years, colour coded them based on what the transaction was for, and left the original payment note given with the transaction. Alongside this we were planning on submitting our regular bank statements; I have already gone through 4 years of my own, colour coded and annotated them, and my partner is currently doing the same. Looking at them all, it seems like it may be a little too much? There is a huge amount of information as it contains every bank transaction each of us has made over the past 4 years, plus all of our paypal transactions. Our reasoning for this was because the only asset that we own together is our shared car we've owned for a year and both of our names on a shared insurance policy as we're still living at home with my family. I've read on here that sometimes case officers will say that there's too much information to sort through and were wondering if ours may be a little overkill? Any suggestions would be highly appreciated! :) I think like most people, we're just a little nervous and want our application to go as smooth as possible!

Thanks,

Dan & Yaz
In my opinion, 4 years worth of information does seem a bit excessive. Perhaps a few samples throughout the years could be pulled?

For example, my partner and I use our joint account for rent and online purchases, we filtered our rent e-transfers and showed emails from our landlord accepting the money. For purchases, we highlighted them, numbered them and then attached the invoices with corresponding numbers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my opinion, 4 years worth of information does seem a bit excessive. Perhaps a few samples throughout the years could be pulled?

For example, my partner and I use our joint account for rent and online purchases, we filtered our rent e-transfers and showed emails from our landlord accepting the money. For purchases, we highlighted them, numbered them and then attached the invoices with corresponding numbers.
Thanks very much for the reply! We may very well do that, though there are literally hundreds of purchases together including all food shops and general purchases together, it's kind of hard to choose which and how many to upload!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Thanks very much for the reply! We may very well do that, though there are literally hundreds of purchases together including all food shops and general purchases together, it's kind of hard to choose which and how many to upload!
Like I said, 4 years is a lot to go through. You're trying to prove you've been in a defacto partnership for a year. You might even be able to go through the last year and pick through that, but state you've had a joint account for 4 years.

You have options.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said, 4 years is a lot to go through. You're trying to prove you've been in a defacto partnership for a year. You might even be able to go through the last year and pick through that, but state you've had a joint account for 4 years.

You have options.
I think that'd probably be best and then state that we have more if they need it. It's worth noting that although we've been together for 4 years, we've only had the joint account for the past 5 or so months, and only really send rent to my mum out of it. We were also going further back with our statements as we've seen in cases, such as with my partner's brother and his partner, that if they see you've ben in a de facto relationship for 3 or more years, then the 100 can be granted immediately without the 2 year application process. Though we'd be happy to get either, it certainly seems like a lot less hassle that way!

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
It depends what other evidence to show you have been de facto for 3 years to get the 100. Immigration do not need to ask for additional evidence so if there is not enough for a 100 they will just grant a 309.

If it was me I would give them 3 years of bank statements.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It depends what other evidence to show you have been de facto for 3 years to get the 100. Immigration do not need to ask for additional evidence so if there is not enough for a 100 they will just grant a 309.

If it was me I would give them 3 years of bank statements.
Thanks very much for the extra advice, do you think we should include every transaction from both of our bank statements from the past 3/4 years, or filter out all those unrelated to our joint relationship? Other than our statements showing that my partner sends me half of the rent each month I send to my mum and half of the amount for our weekly online food shops to this address, I'm not sure we have much more proof other than a statement from my mum confirming that we've been living together under her roof for 3 and a half years. Trying to think of any other bits we may have to prove this but are at a bit of a loss!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Rather than show the entire history, show how your finances work.

Include samples from the period and show the trail where you have a purchase for $x and the corresponding transaction where your partner sends half by paypal.

Include samples covering the entire period of your relationship.

The question in the application is explain the financial aspects of your relationship, how it works full speed better than .

For ours I included samples of transfers from my account to our joint housekeeping account with the transfers highlighted on each bank statement, but only a couple of months worth over the period of the if relationship

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Thanks very much for the extra advice, do you think we should include every transaction from both of our bank statements from the past 3/4 years, or filter out all those unrelated to our joint relationship? Other than our statements showing that my partner sends me half of the rent each month I send to my mum and half of the amount for our weekly online food shops to this address, I'm not sure we have much more proof other than a statement from my mum confirming that we've been living together under her roof for 3 and a half years. Trying to think of any other bits we may have to prove this but are at a bit of a loss!
You could do every second month but the key is to go back past the 3 years to get PR.

Bank statements will also show your address that you are living together.

Look for things like bills too (don't need to be joint). It is all about having enough to satisfy a long term relationship.

Spending a little time now to look for all those small pieces of evidence will br worth it when you get PR instead of TR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.