Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Quick question about my visa being accepted.

I've read that I must be outside Australia when my prospective marriage visa is accepted. I am due to be in Australia from April 3 for 2-3 weeks. My medical is tomorrow and all police reports have been applied for and sent off. My question is, if my visa gets accepted while I'm in Australia will I get warning of this so I can leave the country? Will this affect the visa being accepted if I happen to be in Australia on holiday when it has been accepted? What's the process for this?

Thanks

Sam

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Hi guys,

Quick question about my visa being accepted.

I've read that I must be outside Australia when my prospective marriage visa is accepted. I am due to be in Australia from April 3 for 2-3 weeks. My medical is tomorrow and all police reports have been applied for and sent off. My question is, if my visa gets accepted while I'm in Australia will I get warning of this so I can leave the country? Will this affect the visa being accepted if I happen to be in Australia on holiday when it has been accepted? What's the process for this?

Thanks

Sam
That situation seems pretty common, and they should notify you, with an email similar to ours. like this:

Thank you for your application for a Prospective Marriage (Temporary) visa made on 22 June 2015.

Circumstances applicable to grant a visa under Migration Regulation 300.411 states that an applicant must be outside Australia at time of grant. We note that you are currently in Australia on a visitor visa.

For your application to be finalised, please inform us of your expected departure date from Australia within 14 days of this letter.

Please note that failure to depart Australia within the validity of your health (20 August 2016) and character (17 August 2016) clearances may result in your repeating these requirements.
We emailed them back, 6 days later, with this:
We have arranged our trip today, and the departure date from Australia is 7pm, 11th March 2016 as per details below.. etc.
We left, 24 days after the initial email, on a Friday evening, for a one week holiday to Vanuatu, and the visa decision (a grant) was made on the next Monday morning. Returned to Australia on the PMV300.

Reactions: HRose313
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.