Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have a couple of (hopefully) quick questions:

I and my partner (same sex) are working on our partner visa. ( I am Australian born, and therefore a citizen, she is from England).

Firstly, I am concerned about the sponsorship form 40SP where it states that the sponsor (me) needs to be able to prove that I can take care of, provide food and shelter, and any financial needs my partner may have.
I have looked endlessly on how I am supposed to 'prove' that I can and will take care of my partner.

I am currently living in England so am not working in Australia, I can get work as soon as I move back home, and if needed try and line up work before I get there (to prove I will be working, and providing for us both).

Does any one have any information on what I should or need to submit with my 40SP form. What the gov. will look for of my to prove that I will be able to provide for my partner?

My second question is:
After submitting the visa application will I be able to go back to Australia before my partner. I know the application states that once you submit the application you need to wait to hear back with the decision before making travel arrangements to enter Australia, does this only apply to the applicant (the English person), or does the applicant and the sponsor need to arrive in Australia together once a decision on the visa has been made?

Thanks a lot
I hope to hear back soon

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hi there,

Are you currently working in the UK? You can provide payslips, p60 etc to show you are capable of working. Alot of people (myself included) arent in Australia now so therefore cannot show working there but as long as u show u are capable of holding a job.
Where do you plan to go once you get there? My fiance and I will be staying at my parents place and my mum wrote a stat dec to say we can stay there as long as we want. So that shows im able to provide for him that way.
You will also be able to travel back on your own if you need to. Your case officer may just want to know why your not staying and you will need to tell them how you will keep in contact.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.