Australia Forum banner

741 - 760 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
ok this just sound like it will delay the assessments...very strange!
Maybe they are looking for other evidence and if they are not satisfied with what applicants have submitted they will ask for the 888´s.Who knows?
Very hard to know what they want...lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello, I remember they said it to me also when I phoned to London at the call center: do not give 888 form unless they ask you so.
Anyway, it will be a 7 months wait. They need to justify their time lapse in some way. If not why should it take so long, if they have already everything in their hands???
So they will ask for it at a later stage.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello everyone! I´m off to Australia today!!! So excited!!! LOL
I´ve hardly slept since my visa was granted on wednesday...possibly one nights sleep in total...lol
I was up packing till 4am and I´m still not done..hahaha
Going to fly out from Copenhagen,then Amsterdam to Abu Dhabi to finally arrive in Sydney on tuesday night.
Can´t wait to be in the arms of my partner again!!!!:p
He´s superexcited and happy I made it home till his fiftieth birthday:D
3 hours drive home and next morning off to QLD to celebrate him with his family:D
Can´t wait to see my mother in law aswell,she´s been so supportive to us :)
I´ll be checking in here later.
Wish you all the to get your visas granted asap,you deserve it!!:)
Best of luck!! Hugs and support to all of yous ;)
xoxoxo,Anette

PS Anyone know if there´s a dress code for women in Abu Dhabi?
I won´t be leaving the airport but have a long stop there..Don´t want to break their rules and get into trouble..lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
Aj67 that is so exciting!!!! I'll be thinking of you!

I flew through Abu Dhabi last time i went home and you can wear your normal clothes in the airport (i wouldn't wear anything to revealing) i was in trackies and a simple long sleeve shirt for the long plane ride :D

Have fun!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Aj67 that is so exciting!!!! I'll be thinking of you!

I flew through Abu Dhabi last time i went home and you can wear your normal clothes in the airport (i wouldn't wear anything to revealing) i was in trackies and a simple long sleeve shirt for the long plane ride :D

Have fun!
Oh cool... Thanks for getting back so soon!!
I´m a bit less stressed now :D awesome!!!
:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi AJ67,

Transit in Abu Dhabi was part of my usual route between Australia and Jordan, where I lived with my husband, and I have seen all sorts of things being worn without trouble. My own usual, since I was flying into Jordan - another country where's it's important to be modestly dressed - was a top with full or three-quarter sleeves and either trousers or a long skirt. But no matter what you wear you will likely receive stares from other people local to the region who are also transitting through - just ignore that. You certainly won't get into trouble in the airport.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your reunion!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Hello, I remember they said it to me also when I phoned to London at the call center: do not give 888 form unless they ask you so.
Anyway, it will be a 7 months wait. They need to justify their time lapse in some way. If not why should it take so long, if they have already everything in their hands???
So they will ask for it at a later stage.
Still seems so strange to me! It must be that with the length of time these are taking now they're concerned the statements are too out-of-date by the time they get around to processing. Still bizarre, given that if you applied without 2 Forms 888 onshore (with an 820) there's no way they'd process it! Crazy.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
So excited for you Anette! Safe travels! :) :D

Reactions: AJ67

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hey wonderful berliners,

A new week, new hope. Thank heavens we do not have a holiday coming up soon.

Just a quick question. What happens if I move out of Germany before my visa is granted? I have decided to leave Germany in mid August (well, I am done with my studies) and go back to Kenya or Canada and wait out the visa. Anyone ever moved away from the country where they lodged their application?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey wonderful berliners,

A new week, new hope. Thank heavens we do not have a holiday coming up soon.

Just a quick question. What happens if I move out of Germany before my visa is granted? I have decided to leave Germany in mid August (well, I am done with my studies) and go back to Kenya or Canada and wait out the visa. Anyone ever moved away from the country where they lodged their application?
I don't think it matters where you are as long as you inform your CO about it...

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
There's just a form you have to send in to change your address, that's all. Very easy.

·
Registered
426 Posts
There's just a form you have to send in to change your address, that's all. Very easy.
Thanks CollegeGirl. Will go look for that form and start filling it in ready to be mailed lol.

Reactions: AJ67

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi guys,
I was just wondering, if you get granted the Temporary residency, after two years when you are assessed for permanent residency do you have to pay extra money for it? Today I spoke to a lady who said she was applying for her PR and it will cost $5000!! She was on a 457 visa though.

·
Registered
456 Posts
No, because with the 309/100 you apply for both stages at the same time, so the fee you pay covers the whole processing.

It's a different story with the PMV (300) though, which requires an initial application with its own application fee, and then another application for the 820/801, so it amounts to three applications all together. But PMV holders have reduced rates for the married visa, which evens the playing field as far as fees are concerned.

So don't worry, the initial 2700 or so you pay will cover it all!

741 - 760 of 2667 Posts