Australia Forum banner

781 - 800 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me, reading these forums become habit, like taking a cup of coffee. thanks
My timeline after 4 month From: Italy, Applied: 22 Feb 2013, Applied From: Berlin, Visa Sub: 309 Partner temporary Offshore, Application: Paper, Agent: No, Medicals: 22 Mar 2013, Police Checks: 22 Mar 2013, CO Assigned: 28 Feb 2013, To: Australia
Last email that I risived from Berlin is..
''I confirm the receipt of all your health examination results as well as all your police certificates. I also confirm that I am the case officer who is processing your application. At this moment, no further documents are required for the further processing of your application, and I will contact you around the time when your visa becomes ready for finalisation.''

·
Registered
15 Posts
exactly, this was a reply of my email, where I asked my CO received my documents( medical control and police control), and if you need the other

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just an update guys. I will be re-doing my medicals next week here in Munich. Already have an appointment with the panel doctor. Hope July turns out to be a wonderful month to us all.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am planning to apply for a Spouse visa 309 for my British husband later this year and would like some information on timescales. We are Malta residents so will apply via Berlin. I am trying to calculate when to submit the application so that we can plan (we hope!) a first visit in January 2015 to validate the visa. We would like to submit our application in late 2013 before the fees increase again so the timing is a bit complicated! The first visit has to be no later than 12 months after the date of medicals/police check. So my question is - when is the case officer likely to tell you to submit your medicals? And how long do they give you to submit? 28 days? or 3 months as I saw on the London thread? Any information would be great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you very much img. So..... the earliest I should apply is 12 months plus 6 weeks before my intended travel date in Jan 2015. And it would be a bit safer to plan on 12 months plus 4 weeks to allow for getting appointments and posting.

This is a big help to my planning - thank you so much. Now I have to work out how 'late' in December 2013 I can send the application to be sure to beat the visa fee increase! I was thinking that 20 December would be the latest date to send it to make sure it is processed this year.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi E7mma,
My partner and I also want to arrive in Australia in January 2015 so we will be applying around the same time :) I wanted to apply in November because we would of liked to have had more time to plan things before we leave but because of the Medicals it doesn't seem possible -.-
How are you for planning? I wish we could apply now haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is helpful to know to Lilia. I think that the last practical date to courier my application is 18 December 2013 as the embassy in Berlin does not work on 25/26/27 Dec or 31 Dec. I am guessing that the earliest date to receive a CO would be 10 Jan and the probable date range would be 17-31 Jan. So I would need to plan medicals and police checks to be complete in mid February, which would allow us to travel in Jan 2015 to validate the visa. Phew! Its REALLY complicated.

Reactions: rhirhi

·
Registered
313 Posts
I wish they would give us a bit longer before the medical report needs to be re done...I mean they say it takes 8-9 months to process the visa and we have to enter the country before the medical expires which gives us 3-4 months to get everything ready....that really isn't a lot of time.... -.-

·
Registered
24 Posts
I completely agree. If it weren't for reading this forum, I would have had no idea that it was so crucial to plan your application timing like this.

And it seems to me that you should have 12 months to enter the country from date of visa grant OR they should make the medicals/police checks valid for 24 months.

I think the current system of expiry dates was set up when visas were turned around quickly and has not been reviewed in the light of the incredibly long timescales even for 'low risk' applications.

Reactions: Lilia and rhirhi

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also agree that they give people too little time to orginize everything before departing for Australia :eek: Well, there are always some applicants who are sitting and waiting for their visa on the suitcases but there are also many who need to take care of many things before they can leave, such as selling/renting out their house, terminating their employment etc., those things take time..So it would have been very handy if the visa was valid for 12 months to enter Australia :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just realised that my italian police checks are valid only for 6 months (so you have to pay to get new ones, very smart, eh!) and that they will expire at the end of august. I hope my CO is not aware of that (it's not written anywhere on the certificate)!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Haha img68 maybe she won't notice.....they look at them all the time so maybe they will just throw it to the side. haha.

Lilia not only that....we have to arrange everything to be shipped to Australia. I think in Switzerland you are supposed to leave your apartment in either March or october and if not in that time YOU have to find someone to rent it out.....god...it's going to be an absolute nightmare i can see it now haha. I guess this is just one of life's curve balls...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just realised that my italian police checks are valid only for 6 months (so you have to pay to get new ones, very smart, eh!) and that they will expire at the end of august. I hope my CO is not aware of that (it's not written anywhere on the certificate)!
I don't think the CO is even going to notice it if its not mentioned any place :D

It does not cost anything at all to get a police check in Denmark, you can get as many as you want and honestly I have no idea for how long the police check is valid, maybe also for 6 months :D But I was stupid to submit the police check along with my application :eek: I should have waited til they asked for it together with the medicals. It would give me more time to enter AUS when my visa is granted.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Its kind of annoying that if you apply via London, you are now given 3 months to submit medicals and police checks in view of the long timescales for visa processing but Berlin stick to 28 days.

Reactions: Lilia and rhirhi
781 - 800 of 2667 Posts