Australia Forum banner

801 - 820 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm new in this thread. I did applied in Madrid but my CO has been assigned in Berlin.

You can see in my signature the timeline. My medicals were received in Berlin on the 11th of June and I don't need to send any other documents, just wait...

So, I'm waiting and I don't have any clue if I will be granted and when.

I will follow this thread closely. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
My understanding is that the Spanish Embassy is overload with student and working visas, so I think they are using COs from other Embassies. I think my case is quite robust as I've married to my sponsor for 5 years and living together 6. In any case, the process is long and you don't know what's going on... I think this is why I'm getting very addicted to this forum. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
313 Posts
My understanding is that the Spanish Embassy is overload with student and working visas, so I think they are using COs from other Embassies. I think my case is quite robust as I've married to my sponsor for 5 years and living together 6. In any case, the process is long and you don't know what's going on... I think this is why I'm getting very addicted to this forum. :)

Thanks!
Oh okay well that makes sense then! wow, you have been together for quite a while. I doubt you will have any problems :)
All the best

·
Registered
100 Posts
Probably a lot of southern europeans are running away from Eurocrisis and record unemployment to Australia to find work.
Requests of Working Holiday Visa from Italy have increased dramatically (100%), but still, luckily, not many partner visa requests from Italy.
Probably we usually marry... Italians (I might be one of the few exceptions: I married a pure anglosaxon) :D
There is a idiomatic say in italian "Mogli e buoi dei paesi tuoi"
"Cattle and Wives from your own village" (not very nice to put together cows and women, eh!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally I find it very fascinating when people of different backgrounds create a couple/family. They can make each others life so colourful and adventurous, and their kids gain a lot by being born in mixed familes, for example, speaking several languages right from the start (our daughter speaks 3) So its ok if cattles and wives are from different villages:)))

·
Registered
313 Posts
Haha I agree Lilia....i think is a really cool thing when your child has more than one first language and the cultural mix is really interesting. I think it makes things fun. Although you are always learning about your partner no matter where they come from, I feel like I'm REALLY always learning about my partner....our culture and way we were raised are quite different....I think it's really cool to have a partner from another country :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's true. I agree having a foreign partner is very interesting because you learn things about yourself that you would have never discovered. There is also a cultural gap you have to fill.
I had some funny remarks about my way of expressing my feelings and thoughts: too opinionated and very assertive (!!). :mad:
Any italian man would have found my behaviour perfectly normal and very very calm compared to average italian wife!
So I started to see myself and the way I act in a different way. Good exercise.
Of course I have problems in understanding my husband because I expect things that are normal for me and not for him.

Anyway, let's see what will happens once I get that Visa...
Berlin, Berlin, answer me!! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's true. I agree having a foreign partner is very interesting because you learn things about yourself that you would have never discovered. There is also a cultural gap you have to fill.
I had some funny remarks about my way of expressing my feelings and thoughts: too opinionated and very assertive (!!). :mad:
Any italian man would have found my behaviour perfectly normal and very very calm compared to average italian wife!
So I started to see myself and the way I act in a different way. Good exercise.
Of course I have problems in understanding my husband because I expect things that are normal for me and not for him.

Anyway, let's see what will happens once I get that Visa...
Berlin, Berlin, answer me!! :)
Well, nothing wrong with being opinionated and assertive, its your individuality. I have seen many times in Italy that what seemed like people were about to kill each other :eek:, in reality was a nice and friendly conversation :D

I hear from many people that Danes are considered to be cold and emotionless people, and in many ways its true but then again, its our individuality :D Without that we would not be Danes:))))

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Haha I agree Lilia....i think is a really cool thing when your child has more than one first language and the cultural mix is really interesting. I think it makes things fun. Although you are always learning about your partner no matter where they come from, I feel like I'm REALLY always learning abou my partner....are culture and way we were raised are quite different....I think it's really cool to have a partner from another country :)
My fiance and I are both from the US... but he speaks German fluently, and I speak Spanish fluently... so we intend to have some multilingual children! :D

Reactions: Lilia and rhirhi

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
I just realised that my italian police checks are valid only for 6 months (so you have to pay to get new ones, very smart, eh!) and that they will expire at the end of august. I hope my CO is not aware of that (it's not written anywhere on the certificate)!
Hi img68! It actually doesn't matter when the country you got your police checks from says they expire. DIAC considers all police checks to be valid for one year. So you're fine. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
There appears to be life in the Berlin Embassy! I got the following email earlier today:

Dear Mr........,

I am writing on behalf of your case officer to advise
that a decision was made today to grant your permanent partner visa for
Australia, s/c 100.
Please see the grant letter attached for you to print.
A label is not required as the visa is electronically linked to your
passport.
Please note that you must enter Australia by 15 February 2014 to activate
your visa.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your partner all the
best for your future and great happiness in Australia.
You will receive some documents back by registered mail shortly as well as
your original receipt.

Yours sincerely, .......
Not quite sure why they picked the 15th Feb as my entry date, but it doesn't matter anyway, Very relieved to see that they gave me Subclass 100 straight away, without having to go via Subclass 309.

·
Registered
531 Posts
There appears to be life in the Berlin Embassy! I got the following email earlier today:

Not quite sure why they picked the 15th Feb as my entry date, but it doesn't matter anyway, Very relieved to see that they gave me Subclass 100 straight away, without having to go via Subclass 309.
Congratulations!! That date is probably when your police check or medical expire, they're only valid for 12 months.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Congratulations! All the best in Australia! I'm applying for the Subclass 100 too. Have you been together with your sponsor for a long time? How do they decide to grant with the Subclass 100?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congratulations! All the best in Australia! I'm applying for the Subclass 100 too. Have you been together with your sponsor for a long time? How do they decide to grant with the Subclass 100?
You can be considered for 100 straight up if you have lived with your partner for 3 years (and can prove it) or if you have a child and you have 2 years proof living together. They consider the above factors to mean you are in a long term commited relationship.

·
Registered
426 Posts
So good to hear that Berlin has resurrected. Very excited for you and wish you all the best.

801 - 820 of 2667 Posts