Australia Forum banner

881 - 900 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Today I received email of Notification of the grant of a PARTNER (MIGRANT) (Class BC) PARTNER (Subclass 100) visa.
Thanks all, first of all thanks Melanabdul, CollegeGirl, Gerrywins, Kangaro, Marjan .Without your information to me it was more difficult to prepare application. I would like to hear that all of you will soon have good news, because I'm sure you deserve.
For those who have yet to apply, as required by the embassy in Berlin I have not compiled form 888.
Una notizia meravigliosa. What a wonderful news!! :):):):D
How long have you been waiting?
I am so tired of waiting and it's just 4 months... :(

Probably they didn't ask for the 888 because you were married for a long time.
In bocca al canguro in australia!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I applied for my partner visa in Feb 2013 but my CO dint asked for any medicals uptill now although i submitted my police checks with the application.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Una notizia meravigliosa. What a wonderful news!! :):):):D
How long have you been waiting?
I am so tired of waiting and it's just 4 months... :(

Probably they didn't ask for the 888 because you were married for a long time.
In bocca al canguro in australia!
I have been waiting exactly 5 months and 2 weeks. I think it's average timeline in Berlin.So, have patience still 40 days.:)

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Awww, congrats sisko!!!!!! How wonderful!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am not really sure but I think the exception could be based on the fact that when you apply onshore its most likely that you have some aussie family/friends to sign the stat. declaration as it must be signed by AUS citizens. But when you apply offshore maybe its not always you have the aussie family/friends to sign it, like for example on our case. We are a Danish family moving to AUS, it just happened that my husband has the AUS citizenship because he was born in AUS when his Danish parents lived there for some time. Apart from that no any connection to AUS, no any aussie family/friends. I have seen somewhere that the stat. dec. 888 could also be signed by non aussie citizens but in reality it has no legal power that way. So maybe thats the reason why they don't always ask for it offshore. But as I said I am not sure, just my guess.
Hi Lilia,

your answer is consistent with what my CO told me - so good guess:).
I applied offshore and had an interview with my CO. During the interview, one of the questions was: Wh did you not submit form 888? (I have to add, I have been for quite a while in Oz before) I said to her, that we thought about it, but then decided, that there must be a reason why they did not ask for it, or respectively, it would have been on the list, if they had wanted it. She then answered to me, that because it is an offshore application, many partners haven't actually lived together in Oz, and thus cannot provide a stet dec from an Australian person. This is the reason why they do not ask explicitly for it. I was then asked to submit form 888 within 4 weeks of the interview.

Warm regards,

sasa

·
Registered
48 Posts
VISA GRANTED after 17 months 21 days

Hi my lovely Berliners. My fiance arrived in Munich last week to attend my graduation. A few days later we left for our holiday in Croatia. On our first morning (which was yesterday 30.07.2013) here while seated at a beach my CO JK called:

" Gerrywins are you sitting down?" I said Yes with a huuuge smile. " I am happy to tell you that your visa has been granted and that you can travel back to Australia with your fiance."

I am over the moon, now we can totally enjoy our two week holiday here in Croatia. We've already booked our flights for the 12 August 2013.

I thank you all for all your encouraging messages. The journey still continues and I will still be in the forum. Gotta go back to enjoying this wonderful news at a nice beach somewhere. :)
HI Gerrywins,

I have been going through the partner visa process last year and I remember you and your story a lot from your posts.
I came back to have a look whats currently happening at the Berlin Embassy, and I can honestly say that I am more than thrilled to see that after such an incredibly long time, you and your fiance will be able to live together.

All the best,

sasa

881 - 900 of 2667 Posts