Australia Forum banner
1261 - 1280 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
We received an email a few days ago from our CO, i was so excited, i really thought we might have got our visa granted but it turned out that he asked us if our daughter has received her Australian Citizenship Certificate which we have, thank goodness. Nice to know that he is thinking of us and that he took into consideration that we need to get other paper work finalized before we have a final date that we have to enter Australia. We still have to get my daughter an Australian passport so hopefully we have everyone's passports and documents before we have the visa granted!
HI EestiAus,

When our son was born here in Norway, we quickly got his Australian citizenship papers, and AUS passport.
AUS passport should have been 3-4 weeks processing via Copenhagen & Canberra, but we got it in 2 weeks!

When we sent the application for my wife and step daughter, we sent copies of his citizenship & passport with the application.

Good luck with your application.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive been looking back on past visa grants on this forum and have began to wonder whether they grant visas in the first week of every month?! I noticed a few people got their visas around the 7th april and then again around the 5th of may. In between these dates there has been nothing!
Maybe that means we will have a few more visas granted in the next couple of weeks?!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ive been looking back on past visa grants on this forum and have began to wonder whether they grant visas in the first week of every month?! I noticed a few people got their visas around the 7th april and then again around the 5th of may. In between these dates there has been nothing!
Maybe that means we will have a few more visas granted in the next couple of weeks?!
I'm not too sure about this "theory". Nancy posted that they got their visa granted on March 28th and Lolly (who had KM by the way as well) got hers on April 14th. So there doesnt seem to be a real pattern. However, you are right, lately the big bulk of visas got issued in the first week of each month.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Visa granted!

:D
YAY, WE GOT OUR VISA (309) GRANTED TODAY - after 6 months and 19 days!
Official Application date: 1st November 2013, case officer: KM

I'm still shaking, while my partner yet does not know about the wonderful news, as he is already asleep.

Thanks a lot to all of you and your support!

I know that every relationship is different, but I just would like to point out that we got our 309 partner visa granted without having lived together 12 months prior to the application date.
My Aussie partner lived with me in Germany from January to September 2012 for 9 months. And I lived for 3 months at his place in Australia from Christmas 2012 until March 2013. So basically 12 months prior to application we had only lived 3 months together. It really worried me that many people wrote on the forum that it is highly unlikely to receive a 309 partner visa, if you had not lived 12 months together prior to application. But I guess we are a good example that it is possible, if you have really good evidences, like pics of my parents visiting my partner's family in Australia, good reasons for times of separation (work and study commitments) etc.!

I keep my fingers crossed that more visas will be granted soon. All the best to everyone who is still waiting!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Congratulations!

Hi Frangga - Great news. Enjoy your life together in Oz. Very best wishes to you both. Cheers... :)

:D
YAY, WE GOT OUR VISA (309) GRANTED TODAY - after 6 months and 19 days!
Official Application date: 1st November 2013, case officer: KM

I'm still shaking, while my partner yet does not know about the wonderful news, as he is already asleep.

Thanks a lot to all of you and your support!

I know that every relationship is different, but I just would like to point out that we got our 309 partner visa granted without having lived together 12 months prior to the application date.
My Aussie partner lived with me in Germany from January to September 2012 for 9 months. And I lived for 3 months at his place in Australia from Christmas 2012 until March 2013. So basically 12 months prior to application we had only lived 3 months together. It really worried me that many people wrote on the forum that it is highly unlikely to receive a 309 partner visa, if you had not lived 12 months together prior to application. But I guess we are a good example that it is possible, if you have really good evidences, like pics of my parents visiting my partner's family in Australia, good reasons for times of separation (work and study commitments) etc.!

I keep my fingers crossed that more visas will be granted soon. All the best to everyone who is still waiting!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hi everyone,

Has anyone here had their medical results sent to Australia first? Our doctor said she was told at the beginning of the year to send every applicants results to Australia and they would pass them onto Berlin. My partners medical results were completed a month ago...I wrote to our case worker yesterday asking if he had received them and he said 'it can take 'some time' before they receive them.

Does anyone know how soon their medicals arrived?

·
Registered
49 Posts
We completed the medicals in February using eMedical which the doctor advised that they get sent to the CO automatically after the results are in. You can check online at the eMedical website...it will say its been completed and sent.

They most likely are sent also to Australia for confirmation so I would say it takes time. Unfortunately you just need to wait it out. Your CO will contact you if he needs to.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks for your reply Szaric,

Our medicals were not sent through E-Medical, i think that's why the doctor said they had to send them to Australia first. I asked the case worker if there was anyway we could see if our medicals had been uploaded onto the system and he said no.

It's really frustrating.....you pay so much money for this but the service is obviously not great. It would be nice to know a little in advance to we can get everything in order and enter Australia before the deadline....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeh thats probably why it takes a little longer but im pretty sure the medicals are valid a year from when you did them so you would have to be in Australia by april 2015 im guessing. However the CO knows about the expiry dates of the medicals and police reports so he would only ask for them when needed.
Dont worry it will be fine! Most people have received their visas within 6 to 6.5 months from the application date.
We are at 6 months and 1 week today and the waiting is killing us! Hehe

·
Registered
23 Posts
The long wait...

Just a general question: how long did it take for you guys to receive a response after having handed in the application?

We're at a month already (handed in at the embassy), which I know is merely a blip on the immigration department's timeline, but have not yet heard a peep from them (aside from their prompt acceptance of payment :) ).

Or do they only contact you after a CO has been assigned to your file?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just a general question: how long did it take for you guys to receive a response after having handed in the application?

We're at a month already (handed in at the embassy), which I know is merely a blip on the immigration department's timeline, but have not yet heard a peep from them (aside from their prompt acceptance of payment :) ).

Or do they only contact you after a CO has been assigned to your file?
We waited a month and then wrote to the embassy and they told us who our case worker is...he never contacted us to let us know he was our case worker haha.

1261 - 1280 of 2667 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.