Australia Forum banner
1281 - 1300 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Our payment was taken within an hour of recieving the application and then we waited 2 months without hearing anything. We called the ESC and they kindly told us who our CO was. We were told initially however to wait at least 2 months before a CO is assigned but the ESC was very helpful so you can call them if you have any questions!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our payment was taken within an hour of recieving the application and then we waited 2 months without hearing anything. We called the ESC and they kindly told us who our CO was. We were told initially however to wait at least 2 months before a CO is assigned but the ESC was very helpful so you can call them if you have any questions!
Good one! I will try my luck and see if they bite... haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi guys!

My fiance is back to Australia so now I'm here again hoping for those of you at the finish line to receive good news soon!

I have been recently asked to send in the originals of my police checks + translations. I know for sure they received it on the 7th cos it required signature on arrival, but haven't heard of anybody after that. Is that normal?
I know COs don't write much at all if not needed, but for some reason I thought they would notify something to me?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi everyone! Long time reader of this thread and first time poster. I decided to post to keep the hope alive and let you all know my husband (who is German) was granted his visa last Thursday! We lodged on November 12 and waited a total of 192 days for it to be granted.

I know there are a lot of posts about concerns about not hearing from your COs so I would like to tell you all that we only had 2 emails from our CO - one requesting the medicals and the second was the visa grant. We waited about 4 weeks before we had our CO assigned and received the medical request while a friend of ours (from Holland) who applied about 2 days after us for a PR visa waited only about 2 weeks. We desperately wanted to contact our CO and ask if they had received everything as the wait is truly very stressful, however, we held out as we didn't want to disturb them. We did eventually touch base with our CO at the 6 month mark and about 10 days later, we received the visa grant notification! So I guess work on the 'no news is good news' principle if you don't hear from your CO!

Thank you all for sharing your visa stories and timelines. It proved to be a source of great information and comfort during the 'great wait'. Wishing everyone the very best in their visa applications and hope to be able to share what knowledge my husband and I gained about the process from our experience of it!

·
Registered
313 Posts
oh yes, i can see you ahead in the line somewhere... far away... :) put in a good word for us! haha
Haha! At the moment we we just waiting for our medical examination to be uploaded from Australia (god knows why it had to be sent there) and approved -.-

1281 - 1300 of 2667 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.