Australia Forum banner
1441 - 1460 of 2667 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
It actually changes from "Submitted" (first status) to "In Progress" (second status). Unfortunately, that change really means nothing. You won't see any changes in that status until they finalise the visa. They will ask you if you have not provided documents they require. That's the only way you know, typically - if they need nothing, you won't have much (if any) contact with them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It actually changes from "Submitted" (first status) to "In Progress" (second status). Unfortunately, that change really means nothing. You won't see any changes in that status until they finalise the visa. They will ask you if you have not provided documents they require. That's the only way you know, typically - if they need nothing, you won't have much (if any) contact with them.
Thank you for the reply.
The sponser is still showing submitted is that normal to have visa processing and the sponsor submitted.

Sorry we are just struggling as many are with living half a world apart and getting no answers

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm getting really nervous... I sent an email to ask about my police certificate and I haven't gotten a reply yet, it must have arrived by now as I sent it by Express Post. I don't want to overstay my visa and get into trouble :( I only have a week left if I don't buy a ticket somewhere they're going to become too expensive and I can't afford a return ticket home, I mean with current rates it would be at least 3000 dollars and I haven't been able to work for the past 9 months. No matter how much money you save up 9 months unemployed will suck out your savings. :'(

When I applied for the visa it said on the website it could take up to 5 months it wasn't until I started reading this forum that I realised it would probably be about 6 months and now it's been 7 and it's just completely thrown me off schedule. I even thought it wouldn't even take 5 months because it said depending on the complexity of the case and seeing as how we don't have kids never been married no criminal record together more than 2 years etc I really thought it was an easy case.

Sorry for ranting I know everyone around me (in real life) is sick of all my complaining I just thought here everyone could relate since a lot of us are in the same boat caught up in the bureaucratic system that is immigration.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm getting really nervous... I sent an email to ask about my police certificate and I haven't gotten a reply yet, it must have arrived by now as I sent it by Express Post. I don't want to overstay my visa and get into trouble :( I only have a week left if I don't buy a ticket somewhere they're going to become too expensive and I can't afford a return ticket home, I mean with current rates it would be at least 3000 dollars and I haven't been able to work for the past 9 months. No matter how much money you save up 9 months unemployed will suck out your savings. :'(

When I applied for the visa it said on the website it could take up to 5 months it wasn't until I started reading this forum that I realised it would probably be about 6 months and now it's been 7 and it's just completely thrown me off schedule. I even thought it wouldn't even take 5 months because it said depending on the complexity of the case and seeing as how we don't have kids never been married no criminal record together more than 2 years etc I really thought it was an easy case.

Sorry for ranting I know everyone around me (in real life) is sick of all my complaining I just thought here everyone could relate since a lot of us are in the same boat caught up in the bureaucratic system that is immigration.
Welcome to the club! About a week ago we felt the same frustration but there is actually nothing we can do but wait. We, and heaps of others on this forum, are in the same situation (except the financial situation). Very straight forward, meets all requirements, low risk country, etc. We have been waiting for more than 7,5 months. When we lodged our (end of Nov) it said 6-9 months on their website and since summer started it seems like closer to 9 months is the new 6. So, all we can do is to be patient and wait. Our time will come. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share the good news!
Our provisional partnership visa was granted this morning (6 months & 1 day). This morning I woke up determined not to think about the visa, not to check my email a million times...then my fiancé called. I'm so excited to go home!!!! Feeling very overwhelmed as well at the moment-now gotta move continent, each of us get new jobs , oh, and I'm planning our wedding for December in Australia too-ahhhh!!!
Keep strong, the wait is more than worth it. Fingers crossed for everyone that you will get that wonderful email soon :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to share the good news!
Our provisional partnership visa was granted this morning (6 months & 1 day). This morning I woke up determined not to think about the visa, not to check my email a million times...then my fiancé called. I'm so excited to go home!!!! Feeling very overwhelmed as well at the moment-now gotta move continent, each of us get new jobs , oh, and I'm planning our wedding for December in Australia too-ahhhh!!!
Keep strong, the wait is more than worth it. Fingers crossed for everyone that you will get that wonderful email soon :)
Congrats! :) And my standard question... Who was your CO? :p

Edit: Never mind... Saw from an old post it is/was JK. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys,
It was a Partner Provisional 309 visa. Our CO was JK. Pretty standard story-we didn't hear a single thing along the way, except emails asking for health / police checks and then the last email we received back in March told us they had all the documents required.
Tears have stopped, reality of the big move kicking in!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Howdy Berliners,

my german fiance and I are getting our stuff together to apply for a PMV , hope to have the app in by Nov / Dec and plan to do an online app, we have a couple of questions;

1-medical and police check , whats the usual go with Berlin , have them to submit with the app or wait to be advised to do it ??

2- Form 80 , it says only needed if rquested, does Berlin often ask for them ?? wondering if we should do it anyway and submit it without being asked ??

·
Registered
13 Posts
1-medical and police check , whats the usual go with Berlin , have them to submit with the app or wait to be advised to do it ??

2- Form 80 , it says only needed if rquested, does Berlin often ask for them ?? wondering if we should do it anyway and submit it without being asked ??[/QUOTE]

Hi my husband is living in Germany waiting to join me in Australia

Send hard copies of all police clearances to your co as soon as u are allocated one

1. We were told to lodge application before medicals which we did the site then generated our medical forms an details to take to doctor. We waited only 3 weeks to get in.

2. We did the form 80 and sent day after application .

We are at 5 months and waiting. Hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Ramon,no,they didnt mention why they need the interview but can only assume its to confirm the relationship is genuine and this is sometimes part of the application process. It seems like they interview some but not others.....not sure whats their criteria.im not really stressed as it cant be too complicated and it should be the last part of the process so hoping to get the visa very soon.

1441 - 1460 of 2667 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.