Australia Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
wow!!! I was just signing in to say that yes I think we will definitely be getting some grants in September and to get ready for good news! and then I see that someone just got their visa! Congrats!!! awesome!!! Super happy for you! I am dying with anticipation, anxiety, etc. I can't wait to see who is next! I am just beside myself waiting to be together with my loved one. and to be able to settle in the same country once and for all will just be an unbelievable feeling. I am hoping and praying that we get our visa this month but if not, then I know for sure others on here will and I will be happy for them too. September has to be a good month. I just know it. :) Until then waiting, waiting, waiting... almost at the end. :) nearly at the six month mark...(3 days away) nervous!!! Congrats on your wonderful news!!! :)

Reactions: GiuliaM

·
Registered
33 Posts
Today marks exactly 6 months since we applied for the 309/100 visa!!! yiikes! super anxious... Hoping, praying, longing... You all know how it goes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have decided to go the tourist visa whilst waiting. The separation is hurting my kids with them constantly crying and wanting there dad( non biological but they see him as dad) and at least we can be together whilst we wait. 7 months nearly waiting so hopefully not much longer and we do a quick trip to New Zealand when we know it will be approved.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have decided to go the tourist visa whilst waiting. The separation is hurting my kids with them constantly crying and wanting there dad( non biological but they see him as dad) and at least we can be together whilst we wait. 7 months nearly waiting so hopefully not much longer and we do a quick trip to New Zealand when we know it will be approved.
I can understand that one. I am in a very similar situation. My partner is my kids stepfather too and they love him like if he were their father. They miss him very much and cannot understand why he can't just come home and stay. He was just here recently on a tourist visa during spouse visa processing but we didnt get the visa yet and he had to go home, which was hard. we are considering another tourist visa. It is definitely easier waiting together as the three months he was here flew by so quickly. Good luck and I wish you the best. I am happy you will be together again soon. :) I think you have made a good decision. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Here is an advise... Do NOT send emails to your CO larger than 5 MB. We did (with important stuff). If we would have sent our CO a number of smaller emails, we would have got my visa much earlier. The whole thing ended yup with our CO was waiting for us to send stuff in (which we did...but it didn't get thru)...and we were waiting for our CO to get back to us telling us everything was just fine and grant our visa. But, nothing happened.

After 8 months and 3-ish weeks later...and some calls leading to voicemails, emails, etc...today we finally got in touch with our CO (he was really nice) and he told us all about the 5 MB-mali-limit and straight after that all we emailed him everything (again) but in smaller e-mails... About 15-20 min later we received the magic email.... GRANTED! :) SOOOO HAPPY!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Regarding processing times, here is the information our CO gave us. I don't mean to depress people but.....
" The standard processing times are not set by individual case officers but rather set every year ( beginning in July) by the Australian Government which sets the overall migration program as part of the Budget process. The department has a responsibility to ensure that the number of visas granted overall and within each visa category are in accordance with the planning levels. The department currently receives more applications each year than there are places available in the family stream of the migration program. This means that there has been an increase in the time taken to finalise these visas.

Processing times for Berlin have been set for 10-14 months for all migration applications which includes spouses, prospective spouses and children

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here is an advise... Do NOT send emails to your CO larger than 5 MB. We did (with important stuff). If we would have sent our CO a number of smaller emails, we would have got my visa much earlier. The whole thing ended yup with our CO was waiting for us to send stuff in (which we did...but it didn't get thru)...and we were waiting for our CO to get back to us telling us everything was just fine and grant our visa. But, nothing happened.

After 8 months and 3-ish weeks later...and some calls leading to voicemails, emails, etc...today we finally got in touch with our CO (he was really nice) and he told us all about the 5 MB-mali-limit and straight after that all we emailed him everything (again) but in smaller e-mails... About 15-20 min later we received the magic email.... GRANTED! :) SOOOO HAPPY!
Congratulations! That's fantastic news! So happy for you and you partner since you have been waiting for so long! Its the best time to be in Aus too as its all just warming up nicely getting ready for summer! Thank you for the good advice. :) I see we have the same CO. How did you finally get through to him on the phone? Congratulations again. Enjoy your life in Australia. :)

Reactions: Freddie and GiuliaM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I have just been going through some of the posts in regards to Berlin processing time. I have recently married a German girl (in Germany) and we are just finalising our visa application. We have been together 4.5 yrs. Will being married speed up our application at all?
Cheers

·
Registered
71 Posts
Processing times for Berlin have been set for 10-14 months for all migration applications which includes spouses, prospective spouses and children
That's cray, starting when though? Cause mine and others' visas that have been recently approved were shortly after 6 months.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
my partner is waiting in Amsterdam for his visa and he just called the berlin embassy today and they told him standard wait time for that part of europe is 8-9 months. They also said that they have received all of the documents they need from us for now and don't need anything else at this point and that we are just in the queue waiting for them to make a decision which can be any day to a few months from today. (we didnt ask them how long) they just provided the info. we were just checking in. so patience is all we need. we asked about another tourist visa and they said it should be fine and if we get the spouse visa to just cancel the other visa application so they dont cancel each other out. sounds all very positive to me that we are on track and no issues. It definitely give me a bit of relief, and I am less worried, and ready to be more patient. More strength for the waiting. :)

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Hi everyone, I have just been going through some of the posts in regards to Berlin processing time. I have recently married a German girl (in Germany) and we are just finalising our visa application. We have been together 4.5 yrs. Will being married speed up our application at all?
Cheers
Being married won't speed up the processing, however it will add more evidence to prove the quality of your relationship which is always good.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think that is so bad, they need to inform the applicants better if they can't receive e-mails larger than 5 MB, you would have hoped at least the e-mail would have bounced back letting you know it was to big. It's just so unprofessional. Anyways congrats on your visa :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
A new week of waiting! I am at six months and 11 days and its quiet. fingers crossed. anyone else have any news?

1521 - 1540 of 2667 Posts