Australia Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 2667 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Jasmine applied in April... might well be OK at 7 months. I think the guidance has changed to 10-14 months but that is not necessarily the same as what actually happens. But who knows!

I just know that ours took 7 months and a few days and was approved two weeks ago!
I believe 10-14 months is the new waiting time for new applications. Possibly since July if I'm not mistaken?

As you applied in April you were still under the shorter waiting times before they were increased.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I found the same thing i expected spain but got a response from Tanjia in berlin saying she has started considering my application a couple of weeks ago… i am just a bit confused if this is actually my case officer, what do you think?
Probably your CO but I wonder why ur application went to Berlin when you live in Spain .

·
Registered
19 Posts
I think so too e7mma:) 7 months sounds allright to me. Wouls be great!
For everyone who applied after july, hopefully it doesn't take such a long time, we all know how hard it is.
good luck.
I will keep u updated, I will contact my co on monday:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey European!
I actually did contact her yesterday. Unfortunately no good news. She just said they couldn't finalise our case currently.
We just have to wait longer I guess. When did u apply?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey European!
I actually did contact her yesterday. Unfortunately no good news. She just said they couldn't finalise our case currently.
We just have to wait longer I guess. When did u apply?
I applied in September. Just trying to follow the process of others who use this forum. Hope someone will post some good news here soon! :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
For those of you also frustrated with the unacceptable increased processing times of 10-14 months, please write an email of complaint to Senator Michaelia Cash, stating the unacceptable processing times and discrepancies between processing times of other embassy's (eg only a few weeks for south Africa).

Her email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any activity happening at berlin emabassy? Seems awfully quiet lately.
My sentiments exactly! We're coming up to 7 months in a few days. Sitting there impatiently refreshing my inbox... :) Not a peep from the case officer, despite sending several inquiries.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just noticed that they have now updated the embassy's website. It now says that the expected waiting time is 10-14 months. Until just a few days ago it was still 6-9 months.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Just noticed that they have now updated the embassy's website. It now says that the expected waiting time is 10-14 months. Until just a few days ago it was still 6-9 months.....
I also mentioned this in my complaint to update it. Perhaps they finally took notice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also mentioned this in my complaint to update it. Perhaps they finally took notice.
I guess it's good they have updated it now. But so far I've felt like at least there was a chance they would get things done in 6-9 months because the official site still promised that... It's just a shame. I mean it's not like they wrote a nice letter to all applicants saying that they are really sorry. They just updated the site without notifying anyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My sentiments exactly! We're coming up to 7 months in a few days. Sitting there impatiently refreshing my inbox... :) Not a peep from the case officer, despite sending several inquiries.
Who's your co? When exactly did u apply?...I guess we are arround the same time :) we applied on 17th of april. PMV 300

I have to say my co JV is very nice and answered straight away.
Very sad that u get to hear nothing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Who's your co? When exactly did u apply?...I guess we are arround the same time :) we applied on 17th of april. PMV 300

I have to say my co JV is very nice and answered straight away.
Very sad that u get to hear nothing.
Moin! We applied for a spouse visa on the 25th of April in person (wife is German). Our case officer is MB. Probably a very nice person. We wouldn't know. :) I don't know if it's official policy to ignore emails, particularly those with pertinent questions such as 'Do you need anything more from us?', but I'd argue it isn't a very good first experience with Australian bureaucracy (for migrants such as my partner).

·
Registered
132 Posts
at least you guys even have a CO!

Now over 3 weeks since I applied and no CO assigned.

How long did it take to be assigned a CO?

1581 - 1600 of 2667 Posts