Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berlin Embassy Processing Time

576K views 3K replies 290 participants last post by  Joriana 
#1 ·
:eek: Hi All, Thought I'd start a thread to gather info from anyone currently processing through the Berlin Office. If you would like to add the following info to this thread that would be really helpful :cool:

Type of Visa
Date Applied
Stage Application at (e.g. CO Assigned, PC submitted)
Low or High Risk Country

Thanks

#1,571 ·
Congrats both Chiquita and E7mma!!! That's great news!

A question to people who've applied after July 1: have you been assigned a CO yet and how long did it take to get one?

Reactions: chiquita
#1,574 ·
Hi there, Jasmin92 (& all others),

I've been reading the posts on the forum, and they have been very helpful, but I hadn't posted myself yet. Thought now was probably a good time, as other people are happily leaving the queue.

We applied online on May 9th. We had our first email from our Case Officer on July 22nd (from Berlin, not Madrid) and, coincidentally, it was the same day I completed my medicals. I had already uploaded a police clearance immediately with the application.

My husband and I have been married for nearly 3 years (we actually got married in Australia!), but we'd been living in Europe until recently (where this is all much simpler). Anyway, like all of you, we're looking forward to having it all settled.

It is great to read of people getting their visas. You get a happy pang all the same. So congratulations and good luck!

#1,575 ·
My Fiance (the applicant) got his first email from our CO regarding our PMV! They want the notice of intended marriage, and certified copies of both of our passports. We have already provided the receipt of the church booking with the date but I guess they need us to submit the Notice of Intended Marriage.

We applied late September, and we picked out a wedding date in June when we originally thought that the processing time is 5-10 months! So I've been a bit stressed out thinking we have to change the date to October with the 10-15 month wait.

He hasn't been asked for a medical or his police check yet.

#1,578 ·
April to November is the magic figure of 7 months for a straightforward case... it sounds promising!

Reactions: Jasmin92
#1,580 ·
Jasmine applied in April... might well be OK at 7 months. I think the guidance has changed to 10-14 months but that is not necessarily the same as what actually happens. But who knows!

I just know that ours took 7 months and a few days and was approved two weeks ago!

#1,581 ·
Jasmine applied in April... might well be OK at 7 months. I think the guidance has changed to 10-14 months but that is not necessarily the same as what actually happens. But who knows!

I just know that ours took 7 months and a few days and was approved two weeks ago!
I believe 10-14 months is the new waiting time for new applications. Possibly since July if I'm not mistaken?

As you applied in April you were still under the shorter waiting times before they were increased.

#1,583 ·
I found the same thing i expected spain but got a response from Tanjia in berlin saying she has started considering my application a couple of weeks ago… i am just a bit confused if this is actually my case officer, what do you think?
Probably your CO but I wonder why ur application went to Berlin when you live in Spain .

#1,603 ·
Quick question on interviews.
If you are German and require an interview are they always done by telephone?
Assuming you are low risk.
Is there a chance that they would ask you to come into the Berlin office for an interview? Not that there is any reason for it. But just because they like doing things in the most difficult, costly and time consuming way.

#1,606 ·
Hi,

I will share our experience so far. We applied in online on the 1st of november, we uploaded police check and did medical 2 weeks ago. We received email few days ago informing us our CO and that they dont need anything from us anymore and that the timeframe is 10-14 months from the date of app. They also wrote if we would like to travel to Australia we can but we should let them know.
Thats about it.

Cheers
Dave
Wtf? Are you serious? We applied on the 26th of oct and still no CO assigned! Why did you already get one assigned when you applied later than us? What the hell is going on at this embassy? Shouldn't applications be processed based on the position in queue?

#1,610 ·
EVERYONE has theirs glanced over when it first arrives - they have to determine it's a valid application. Some COs are better at emailing, introducing themselves, and giving a time frame for processing than others. You probably have one that just isn't communicative. There's no preferential or different treatment going on here. You were RIGHT to not do yours in advance - the person who did may have to redo theirs.

#1,613 ·
Earlier this week on Tuesday (25 November), our CO "JK" asked my fiancé to get his medical and police checks done within 70 days :D (So that's another €460 just to get a medical done in Milan at one of the approved places. This whole thing is slowly getting too expensive.)

Not too sure if immigration will be doing much over Christmas or New Year.

Reactions: GadoGadoGal
#1,617 ·
For what it's worth, my experience is we tend to see a lot of grants in December on the forum from various embassies - both because they want to reunite applicants with their loved ones in time for Christmas, and because COs are trying to get as much as they can off their desks before they take their holidays. Let's hope that trend continues this year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.