Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got a reply from engineers Australia telling me if my particular qualification doesn't appear on the engineering council website then I can't apply using the Dublin accord and submitting a competency demonstration report is the best way for my to get the 189 visa. Well the level of writing requires looks like you need to be an English major, I'm great at spelling and grammar etc but I dont have the imagination for writing and spinning facts out into a huge story. Basically I feel like I need an agency! Plus i dont have the time or patience for such a huge task. Ive seen a few going about but I don't know who to trust as there is a lot riding on the 5 documents required!

Let me know your suggestions and experiences.

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Hey guys, I got a reply from engineers Australia telling me if my particular qualification doesn't appear on the engineering council website then I can't apply using the Dublin accord and submitting a competency demonstration report is the best way for my to get the 189 visa. Well the level of writing requires looks like you need to be an English major, I'm great at spelling and grammar etc but I dont have the imagination for writing and spinning facts out into a huge story. Basically I feel like I need an agency! Plus i dont have the time or patience for such a huge task. Ive seen a few going about but I don't know who to trust as there is a lot riding on the 5 documents required!

Let me know your suggestions and experiences.

Cheers, Rob
A CDR is supposed to be your own work, describing what YOU have done and exhibiting your English language ability.
EA are coming down hard on plagiarised CDRs.
A registered migration agent should not do more than advise about content and format and proofread a CDR.
If I have (say) a mechanical engineer as a client, I might send successful CDRs with ID deleted of electrical engineers or other engineers to show style and format.

You well be well advised to consult one of the RMAs who posts on this forum

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Agreed Westley. The stuff that many of those agencies produce is often terrible and both skills assessors and DHA are onto it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh damn that's not good! Sounds like id be better working together with my friend then he is better at writing than me. Still trying TO find out though if my qualifications are good enough to apply as a mechanical engineer via CDR.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you any completed CDR of apprenticeship trained mechanical engineers I could see for example? Like all 5 prices of writing? Cheers

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Both of the other posters are very good Registered Migration Agents, the advice I am picking up is stay very far from those "agencies".

Might be a good idea to part with a few hundred $'s and consult with one of them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Agency for CDR

Migration agents are not suited to write CDR reports unless they come from an engineering background. There are many CDR writing service providers. You can contact WriteCDRRPL to avail such services.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Migration agents are not suited to write CDR reports unless they come from an engineering background. There are many CDR writing service providers. You can contact WriteCDRRPL to avail such services.

Good Luck!
CDRs are supposed to be the work of applicants and an indication of their English-language (report writing) ability. It is one thing to pass an IELTS or similar test and quite another to write an accurate, coherent, understandable technical report.

Engineers Australia is well aware of the machinations of CDR writing services and deal with their efforts appropriately.

An RMA who has seen dozens of successful CDRs is in a good position to advise about the prospects of a CDR and offer some secretarial/proofreading assistance, which is permitted under the rules.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts

Good Luck!
Most of those CDR writing services produce utter rubbish. If you are smart enough to get an Engineer's degree, you should be smart enough to write your own CDR instead of outsourcing it to some unregulated template factory. I wonder sometimes how some of those engineering degrees are obtained in the first place? If you can't write a CDR, how will you be able to write technical reports and the like? The last thing we need is engineers with fake degrees...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.