Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Working on organizing myself before submitting. Trying not to give in and paying $150 I can't afford to use towards a Migration Agent Consultation to get these questions answered. Figured someone here would have to know!

1. National Identity Card- For US citizen, is that the Social Security Number? Or do I leave that blank?
  2. Is it better to take the Medical Exam before filing the application through eMedical? Or is it better to wait until asked? HAP ID already created, just in case. Same goes for Federal Check.
  3. Does having a Reckless Driving charge (misdemeanor) considered a criminal offense and should I note all those details in my application?
  4. Non-migrating members of the family unit (below)
    Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

Do I include my parents, sister, brothers in this? Including ALL their identification documents, like passport information, marriage certificates, and birth certificates? It asks for all those details if I choose "yes".

Or do I leave this for the next question- (12/27 in online app)

Applicant's Immediate Family Members

Does the applicant have any parents, siblings or children including those that are deceased?

5. How do I fill out the questions on 12/27, in which format?
    Like, Sister Name - SISTER, Brother Name - BROTHER?
  6. Supporting Witness section- Only Australian Citizens in this section, like the Stat Dec?

Fill out what you know! ANYTHING helps! Thank you in advance :eek:

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Working on organizing myself before submitting. Trying not to give in and paying $150 I can't afford to use towards a Migration Agent Consultation to get these questions answered. Figured someone here would have to know!

1. National Identity Card- For US citizen, is that the Social Security Number? Or do I leave that blank?

1. Yes, it's your SSN.

[*]Is it better to take the Medical Exam before filing the application through eMedical? Or is it better to wait until asked? HAP ID already created, just in case. Same goes for Federal Check.
    It's up to you. Either decision has pros and cons. If you do it now, you risk having to re-do it if your visa isn't processed within 12 months as medicals are only good for that long. But we've also seen some unusually fast grants recently for partner visa applicants who have submitted their applications and had medicals and police checks ready. Mostly 309s (offshore) rather than 820s, but I believe some 820s as well. And we're getting to the end of the fiscal year, so that has a chance of leading to some quicker grants for applicants who provide everything up front, too. Again, though - it could go either way, and there's no way to know which way it will go for you.

[*]Does having a Reckless Driving charge (misdemeanor) considered a criminal offense and should I note all those details in my application?
    Sorry, not positive on this one, hopefully someone else will answer. As far as I know, Immi is only truly worried about sentences of 12 months or longer, but I'm not sure if this is one you'd still list or not. I'd be inclined to say yes, list it and be open about it, but someone else may have more expertise and be better able to advise.

[*]Non-migrating members of the family unit (below)
    Does the applicant have any members of their family unit not travelling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents?

Do I include my parents, sister, brothers in this? Including ALL their identification documents, like passport information, marriage certificates, and birth certificates? It asks for all those details if I choose "yes".
    No, this is for people who are dependent on you - minor children, aged parents if you provide a large part of their support, etc.
    Or do I leave this for the next question- (12/27 in online app)

Applicant's Immediate Family Members

Does the applicant have any parents, siblings or children including those that are deceased?
    Yes, this is where you'd note them.

[*]How do I fill out the questions on 12/27, in which format?
    Like, Sister Name - SISTER, Brother Name - BROTHER?
    What does it say? If it doesn't specify, it probably doesn't matter. But if you want to provide a screenshot of what that question looks like (with your personal info removed of course!) we can probably answer this better. They make changes to the question format sometimes, so going back to look at my own application didn't help because on mine there were proscribed places to put details - a box for given name, one for family name, a box for birth date, etc.

[*]Supporting Witness section- Only Australian Citizens in this section, like the Stat Dec?
Not sure. Hopefully someone else knows for sure. Stat Decs can be Aussie Citizens OR permanent residents, though, so you'd definitely be safe with either of those in this section.

Reactions: koalapartner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.