Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,
I dont have a birth certificate and i cant take it from my country due to date changes issue in birth certificate.So do we can submit my SSLC Certificates as a proof.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you hold an Indian passport you can probably obtain a birth certificate.
Not correct!

Under Indian law, anyone born before 1987, can apply for Birth Certificate by the virtue of
(1) School certificate that shows the date of Birth
(2) Affidavit of birth from parents

This is because, India does not have a centralized birth database system like Philippines has with NSO. Many parts of India are rural, and due to home births through midwives in rural areas, birth certificate system issued by the state simply didn't exist. When children were enrolled at school, the birth was declared on the school system by their parents, which the school certificate comes from. In the cities, the municipal corporation kept registry of birth but not the village panchayats/councils. So family records were kept in rural areas. This is the same in many East Asian countries also like China, Vietnam etc. Computerized records are still being implemented in many states of India but usually hold details for those born after 1990s by transcribing records from those eras into databases. Here is proof from Indian passport office official website

You can confirm this by visiting the official Indian passport department website and check the requirements

As of now Indian government has made Birth certificates not required for getting passports in India even for those born after 1987, instead alternative documents can be provided for those who don't have birth certificates

You can google "Birth certificates no longer required for Indian passports".

Late registration of birth certificates are generally not encouraged if it is done after 1 year or 5 years of birth. So lot of people born prior to 1987 will find it difficult to get Birth certificates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dear All,
I dont have a birth certificate and i cant take it from my country due to date changes issue in birth certificate.So do we can submit my SSLC Certificates as a proof.
You can provide alternative documents such as affidavit, BC issued by Indian embassy based on your passport, school certificate. Provide a letter of explanation as to why you don't have a Birth Certificate issued, if you are born in rural areas or due to parents not registering the birth with municipal authorities. Australian authorities know about this. They have dealt with thousands of such cases.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.