Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My partner is on a BVA (from partner visa) and wants to visit her family for 4 weeks in Austria and Germany.
  1. Is it wise to apply for the BVB before booking her flights? As we're worried she will waste money if the BVB is not granted in time. (she wants to leave 4 weeks from today)
  2. What "supporting documents" should she upload, as it says it strongly recommends uploading some on the online application?

Thank you!

P.S. Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched this forum for a while and couldn't find a clear answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bvb

I just applied for my partner visa and have now got my BVB granted.

You can't apply for the BVB until you have proof that you are planning on leaving the country (i.e. your flight confirmation) so definitely buy the plane tickets before applying!

They recommend that you apply only 2/3 weeks before so no dramas that it's close to the date of travel (I applied 3 weeks before my trip and had it granted in 5 days)

Another thing good thing to note is that usually it is only granted for the length of your trip but as the processing time for partner visas is so long at the moment they're granting them out for longer than the length of trip (mine is for 6 months with evidence of a 6 week trip)

Hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just applied for my partner visa and have now got my BVB granted.

You can't apply for the BVB until you have proof that you are planning on leaving the country (i.e. your flight confirmation) so definitely buy the plane tickets before applying!

They recommend that you apply only 2/3 weeks before so no dramas that it's close to the date of travel (I applied 3 weeks before my trip and had it granted in 5 days)

Another thing good thing to note is that usually it is only granted for the length of your trip but as the processing time for partner visas is so long at the moment they're granting them out for longer than the length of trip (mine is for 6 months with evidence of a 6 week trip)

Hope this helps! :)
Oh right, okay. Becuase the application doesn't explicitly say you need proof of travel, it just says provide reasons for going. Although, I guess showing a flight ticket would definitely help the case.

Oh okay great! We were planning on putting dates in that is three days longer than what she will book her flights for, because we are worried if she gets approved the exact length and her flight is delayed by a day or two, she will be stuck.
There wouldn't be any problems in putting dates that are a few days longer than what states on the Flight Ticket?

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One other question. What happens if our Partner Visa gets approved as a result of applying for the BVB? Will she still be able to go to Germany?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you send the BVB application and evidence documents by mail to the Immigration office? :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ah okay, I might have been wrong with needing actual proof. I did mine with an agent and she said I needed my flight details before she applied so I must have just been confused! I'm sure it's fine to put it a few days longer, they must understand things can be delayed.

Not too sure about the second question but I think that once the temporary partner visa is granted there are no travel restrictions so should also be fine (just going off the experience of a friend so don't quote me on it)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah okay, I might have been wrong with needing actual proof. I did mine with an agent and she said I needed my flight details before she applied so I must have just been confused! I'm sure it's fine to put it a few days longer, they must understand things can be delayed.

Not too sure about the second question but I think that once the temporary partner visa is granted there are no travel restrictions so should also be fine (just going off the experience of a friend so don't quote me on it)
Ahh okay, well I guess if your agent told you that, then it must be good advice haha.
Okay, yeah that's true.

Yeah, that's what I figured. Okay all good. Thank you :)

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
One other question. What happens if our Partner Visa gets approved as a result of applying for the BVB? Will she still be able to go to Germany?
Your partner visa won't be approved as a result of applying for the BVB, but if it's approved in the mean time then you travel on that.

Reactions: monoles

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your partner visa won't be approved as a result of applying for the BVB, but if it's approved in the mean time then you travel on that.
Thanks for the info! Good to know she can travel right away if we were to get the partner visa approved.

I am just considering that as a possibility as I have read about many people on this site who applied for a BVB to go traveling when they had already waited for their partner visa for a year or so and instead of getting a BVB they got their partner visa approved.
Whether it is just a coincidence or whether applying for the BVB alerted the department that they still have to make a decision on the partner visa, I don't know :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi!

I'm just looking through my ImmiAccount and can't find the option to apply for the Bridging visa B. The only Bridging visa that appears is E.

Is someone else having this issue? Or did you apply by post mail?
Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi!

I'm just looking through my ImmiAccount and can't find the option to apply for the Bridging visa B. The only Bridging visa that appears is E.

Is someone else having this issue? Or did you apply by post mail?
Thanks!
If you look at the circled links in this picture, that is where we went to apply for the BVB. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.