Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am going crazy trying to find information about this but nothing seems to be clear. I applied for a partner visa 6 months ago, so I am on a bridge visa, but now I need to apply for a BVB. I am hoping someone can help meeee!:)

- My partner and I want to go to Spain and visit our families. Is that a substantive reason for travel?
- What shall I do first, apply for the BVB or book a flight ticket? On the application form it asks for specific dates of travel, and I would not know until we buy a ticket. Unless they grant you like a window of travel period and I can choose within that period of time.
- I have read that your BVB might not have works rights. If I can work with my current BVA, will I be able to work when I get back?

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate it!

Bianca

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Apply for a window of when you would like to travel.

I would apply for the bvb first but then by the time it's granted flights may be pricey...either that or buy Flexi date tickets and use them at a later date if the bvb doesn't come thru in time.

The only way you'll find out if it's a good reason is to apply ;P can't see how you and your partner seing family would be deemed a bad reason :)

I would expect work rights on a bvb if they were on the BVA.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Visiting family is normally a valid reason for a BVB, so it should be reasonably safe to obtain the tickets in advance. There is of course never a guarantee.

I routinely apply for BVB’s for clients for a period of 3 to 6 months, so there is a fair bit of flexibility as far as dates go.

You don’t actually need a plane ticket. You can always obtain an itinerary/ quote as evidence.

If your BVA has work right, your BVB will as well.

The travel period starts the day the BVB is granted, not the day you depart, so don’t apply to long in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.