Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Seen posts similar to this, but no definitive answers for NSW. I even went to the local police, and they were not sure either. Some people here seem to say you can, others say you can't.

The reason I ask here is that the RMS (inquiry person) and the police don't seem to know about the details of visas, and therefore understandably there is not a clear answer.

My wife is on a BVA, and we are in NSW.
She has a Vietnamese driver's license that allows her to ride motorbikes up to 175cc

- Can she legally ride a 125cc or 150cc scooter in NSW on that license?
- Does she need to do anything like a driver knowledge test or anything else beforehand?

It would be good if she could temporarily ride on that license while she prepares to go for a NSW license to drive a car.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I checked this out for my Thai fiancé for Vic and QLD and they can drive on overseas license up until PR, then you have 3 months to get a license.

For NSW I would think is the same.

When you can’t drive in Queensland

"are not an Australian citizen, but you were given a resident visa after you started living in Queensland and you’ve now been living in Queensland for 3 months since getting the visa"

"A resident visa is a permanent visa or special category visa under the Migration Act 1958 (Commonwealth). These visas allow a person to stay indefinitely in Australia. These don’t include temporary, business or guardian visas."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.