Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I am currently in the process of applying for a BVB to visit my mother for her birthday. and am getting confused with the following things if someone could pretty please help me out:
1. I need to attach supporting documents to my application - what could this be as I have not yet booked my flights? Do I need to book my flights first before applying (I didn’t want to do this incase it doesn’t get approved)

2. I have read that my BVB may or may not have working rights when I return which is concerning as I need work to support myself. Has anyone had any experience with this?

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Hi guys I am currently in the process of applying for a BVB to visit my mother for her birthday. and am getting confused with the following things if someone could pretty please help me out:
1. I need to attach supporting documents to my application - what could this be as I have not yet booked my flights? Do I need to book my flights first before applying (I didn't want to do this incase it doesn't get approved)

2. I have read that my BVB may or may not have working rights when I return which is concerning as I need work to support myself. Has anyone had any experience with this?
1) I have applied for BVB's without attaching anything, but it is best to attach an itinerary, plane ticket, invitation or something like that.
2) Where did you read about the work rights ? The BVB will have the same work rights as your current Bridging Visa. The BVB will remain in place when you return, but the travel facility will expire at some stage.

Reactions: 371843

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. I need to attach supporting documents to my application - what could this be as I have not yet booked my flights? Do I need to book my flights first before applying (I didn't want to do this incase it doesn't get approved)

1) I have applied for BVB's without attaching anything, but it is best to attach an itinerary, plane ticket, invitation or something like that.
2) Where did you read about the work rights ? The BVB will have the same work rights as your current Bridging Visa. The BVB will remain in place when you return, but the travel facility will expire at some stage.
Thanks! I will attach my flight tickets I'm just hesitant incase my bvb gets declined and I've already booked flights..

It reads on the border.gov website "When your BVB is granted, we will tell you whether your BVB prevents or restricts you from working in Australia"

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
It reads on the border.gov website "When your BVB is granted, we will tell you whether your BVB prevents or restricts you from working in Australia"
The BVB will have the same work rights as the BVA and yes, it will say so on the grant letter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.