Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a 18 year old soon to be university student here in Sydney Australia, and I am more than excited to get my studies going so I can persue my dream of working in business. I am on a bridging A visa (820) because I am a dependant of a non-citizen married to a citizen, which means we are going through an extremely lengthy waiting period (waiting for partner visa/ PR). I have decided to take a gap year before going to uni, and decided that I want to spend at least 2 months of this year travelling to Europe and discovering the world.

My question is, would ‘travelling for my gap year’ be an awful reason to submit my bridging visa b application?? And what are my chances of being granted??

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I decided that I want to spend at least 2 months of this year travelling to Europe and discovering the world.
Good for you. I think it should be compulsory for all young people to travel and discover the world.

My question is, would 'travelling for my gap year' be an awful reason to submit my bridging visa b application?? And what are my chances of being granted??
There is different ways to dress it up. Will you be catching up with any family? Any grandparents or other people you are close to? You may want to ask for 3 to 4 months to give yourself some flexibility.

Keep in mind that you will have to be in Australia for the grant of the partner visa. If a BVB is granted , allow yourself plenty of time to come back. Don't leave it till the last minute !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.