Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you lovely helpful people, I've been reading these forums to help me out with lodging my 820 defacto/partner visa and your posts have helped me out immensely. I need some pretty specific advice though and hope you can help again.

Ok... so I am currently on a Working Holiday Visa (my second year) and this is due to cease on August 31st 2014, so fairly soon. I will be putting forward my Partner application in the next few days and understand it can take quite a while to process. I have been told that I will automatically get a bridging visa A that will sit in the background to come into effect at the end of my WHVisa. All good...

I have not seen my family in a long time, it's been two years since I've seen my father and am really hoping to visit them in August as I have some time off work then. I understand that if I apply for a Bridging Visa B I will legally be able to travel and reenter Australia before the date on the visa ends. This would be perfect! So now, my big worries...

1. Is this foolproof? I don't want to try and return to the country and be refused on some minor detail they've neglected to tell me..
2. Can I travel in August (BVA will be sitting in the background of my WHV), so can I still apply for a BVB?? Or do I have to wait til September when the BVA replaces my WHV
3. Has this worked sucessfully for you? Can you give me any consolation??
4. When I return, do I need to change back to BVA or can i stay on BVB?

Any information you can give me on this process would be so greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance!

·
Premium Member
8,885 Posts
Yes, it's "foolproof." It's really not a big deal and is very common. Yes, you can travel in August. Apply for a BVB before you leave (to be on the safe side) and call Immi when you return to get back on the BVA (again, to be on the safe side).

You MAY not need to get a BVB, and may just be able to just travel and get back in on your WHV.... you MAY not need to reinstate your BVA when you return to Australia... but I would personally be safe and do both of these things if I were in your situation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.