Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridging Visa B while BVA not in effect t

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  CCMS 
#1 ·
Hi, just trying to understand that is it possible to apply for a BVB to travel while BVA is still not active due to the original substantive visa still not expired?

Parents will come to Australia on a visitor visa, will apply for visa 804 here which will give them BVA. So can they get BVB to leave Australia even before the original visitor visa has not expired yet?

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Others here, like the many knowledgeable RMA's could probably help you more than I could. May I suggest engaging their services?

#3 ·
Yes, you can and you would do so in circumstances where the substantive visa will cease while you are overseas. If the substantive visa still has a long time to run the application for a BVB may be declined.

#4 ·
Yes the substantive visa will expire while they will be overseas but not when they are intending to leave (hence BVA won't be in effect when they will leave).

So basically we should apply BVB even if BVA hasn't started yet when they are planning to leave?

#5 ·
So basically we should apply BVB even if BVA hasn't started yet when they are planning to leave?
Yes, and do not leave until BVB has been granted.

#8 ·
The 804 is a permanent visa - so wouldn't it make more sense that it would work like a spouse visa does where they'd be eligible as soon as they apply for that visa? But with a 30 year wait for it and the applicants all being aged, I'm sure the gov had to find a way around that. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.