Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My previous RRV expired on 10th March and I have applied for another RRV which is still being processed.

Due to a family emergency, I wish to travel to back to my home country and I have not been granted a RRV as yet.

Is it possible for me to apply for Bridge Visa B? or should I apply for BVA first. I was of the view the I am able to stay here post expiry of RRV without another visa.

The requirement for Bridge Visa states

"Bridging visa B – BVB – (subclass 020)
Features
This visa allows you to leave and return to Australia while your application for a new substantive visa is being processed​​

Eligibility
You might be able to get this visa if:

you already hold a BVA or BVB
you have applied for a new substantive visa that can be granted while you are in Australia."

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you applied to the RRV already and it did not processed yet you can leave Australia, just make sure it is granted before you are back to Australia.
worst case, just apply again while you are outside Australia. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Hi Guys,

My previous RRV expired on 10th March and I have applied for another RRV which is still being processed.

Due to a family emergency, I wish to travel to back to my home country and I have not been granted a RRV as yet.

Is it possible for me to apply for Bridge Visa B? or should I apply for BVA first. I was of the view the I am able to stay here post expiry of RRV without another visa.

The requirement for Bridge Visa states

"Bridging visa B - BVB - (subclass 020)
Features
This visa allows you to leave and return to Australia while your application for a new substantive visa is being processed

Eligibility
You might be able to get this visa if:

you already hold a BVA or BVB
you have applied for a new substantive visa that can be granted while you are in Australia."
As you say, you are able to stay without obtaining another visa, however if you leave you cannot return if you do not hold a valid visa. As you have applied for a new RRV you can apply for a BVA and then a BVB, which will allow you to travel and then return to Australia to await the outcome of your application.

It would be unwise to leave Australia without a visa to return.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.