Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my 189 application is under progress.
I am on Bridging Visa A at the moment.
I need to travel overseas next month but it is tentative right now.
If I apply for a bridging visa B and do not travel anywhere, will it cause any problem?
When I am on Bridging visa B, does my 189 processing stop or hault or it will continue like a normal application?

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
The BVB will simply replace the BVA. There is no obligation to travel, but the travel facility will expire at some stage. Everything else will continue as before. In simplistic terms: A BVB is basically a BVA with ( limited) travel rights. It will have the same conditions as the previous bridging visa, except for the travel restriction.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,
Thank you for your reply.
Website says I need to apply Bridging Visa B before 2 weeks.
If I apply it before a week, what are the chances I get the visa?
If I get the visa and I am not travelling, is there any way I can cancel the visa?

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Why not just follow the instructions on the website. It could take a few days or it could take a few weeks. No one can tell you.

Why would you want to cancel a bridging visa? Was my previous explanation not clear enough?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
The thing is my travel plans are not fixed and I will get the confirmation before a week of departure.
Keeping myself updated whether I will get the visa or no if I apply before a week.
Your explanation was pretty clear.
Thanx.

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
Government departments tend to be extremely inflexible. I suggest you keep that in mind when planning ahead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.