Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Im currently awaiting a decision on my 820 De Facto visa on a Bridging visa A. I have plans to travel back to Ireland in December, I was hoping that my visa would be granted but if not, I'd apply for a BVB about 4 weeks out.

My mum has now suddenly taken ill back in Ireland and I might have to travel sooner than I thought. I haven't booked flights because ideally everything will work out and I'll just go back in December as planned.

Worst case senerio, if I need to travel immediately, can Immigration grant a BVB with extenuating circumstance? Or would I have to book flights like 4 weeks ahead to allow for a decision.

Any advice/similar experience would be greatly appreciated!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
Hi

I was in a similar situation back last year.

Mum got ill and was admitted to hospital. I applied for BVB around 10pm one night and it was granted by the time I woke up the next morning,

I supplied evidence with my application as well. I got my sister to email me mums admission paperwork, I don't know if it was necessary but I'm sure it helped.

Hope everything works out for you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing. Good to know that evidence can help as well.

Can I ask, do you need to have flights booked before applying?
No, you don't :)

I didn't want to risk it as flights to the UK aren't cheap, especially last minute so I didn't want to book a flight which I may or may not have been able to take as I didn't know how long BVB was going to take.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
Yeah that's what I'm worried about as well. Thank you!!
They're not completely heartless haha

If they see that you genuinely have to go then I don't think they'll delay their decision.

Also for me, as mums health wasn't the best at the time, I explained that she may need further surgery etc so I asked for 12 months, multiple entry and they granted it (although my 820 came through so I didn't need it more than once).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
They're not completely heartless haha

If they see that you genuinely have to go then I don't think they'll delay their decision.

Also for me, as mums health wasn't the best at the time, I explained that she may need further surgery etc so I asked for 12 months, multiple entry and they granted it (although my 820 came through so I didn't need it more than once).
Hi Ramah,

In a somewhat similar boat with my partner. I have a query on work rights and BVB...Was your BVB granted with work rights and you could work on it after you returned or was your BVA + work rights reinstated after you returned to Oz?

Thank you...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
914 Posts
Hi Ramah,

In a somewhat similar boat with my partner. I have a query on work rights and BVB...Was your BVB granted with work rights and you could work on it after you returned or was your BVA + work rights reinstated after you returned to Oz?

Thank you...
Hi Chetu,

BVB had full work rights, this is what it stated on my grant notification:

"When your bridging visa (class WB) is in effect, you will have full permission to work".

I never went back to BVA, I believe you will stay on BVB once you're granted it but the travel facility has an expiry, in my case it was 12 months.

Hope this helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Hi Chetu,

BVB had full work rights, this is what it stated on my grant notification:

"When your bridging visa (class WB) is in effect, you will have full permission to work".

I never went back to BVA, I believe you will stay on BVB once you're granted it but the travel facility has an expiry, in my case it was 12 months.

Hope this helps.
Thank you Ramah, I have applied for a BVB too fingers crossed :)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top