Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone applied for a Bridging Visa A while on a Bridging Visa E?

I have applied for a Partner's Visa 22 months ago and can't get a Bridging Visa B to travel because I am on BVE.
I know this is already a very tricky situation and I was just going to wait it out, however I have an ill grandparent and have to urgently travel. I am aware of the stories of people with BVE having relatives sick or dying overseas, and I am aware of the 3-year ban.

Applying for a Bridging Visa A while on BVE seems technically possible but I'd like to hear from someone who (if at all) actually tried it. Would I get a rejection right away?

I'm happy to hear from a registered migration agent with experience in these issues and arrange a paid appointment. I had no luck finding an experienced agent who could help me with this issue.

Thank you.
It's not possible , technically or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
Thank you very much for your response.

I just meant that I am technically able to apply to a Bridging Visa A through the immiaccount. It allows me to do it, through the online facility, but I guess I would get a response saying "this application is not valid", similar to the one I got when I applied for a Bridging Visa B without knowing it was not possible to get one.

Thank you.
BVEs are very restrictive unfortunately

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
What is this 3 year ban?
There is no such thing as a " ban" . However if you leave Australia on a BVE you may be subject to a 3 year "exclusion period", depending on the visa you are applying for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.