Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
i have applied for 820 visa, still in process and currently on bridging visa E, but i need to travel overseas , what happens if i travel on bridging visa E??? Will 820 visa be affected ?? is there any ban on re-entering australia???
thank you

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hello everyone
i have applied for 820 visa, still in process and currently on bridging visa E, but i need to travel overseas , what happens if i travel on bridging visa E??? Will 820 visa be affected ?? is there any ban on re-entering australia???
thank you
You cannot travel on a bridging visa E. Were you not aware of this, before embarking on this particular pathway?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In short a decision cannot be made on the 820 if you are outside of the country.
If you travel while on a BVE then you won't have a valid visa to renter the country.
Thanks for your reply
What if I apply visitor visa to re-enter...???
I have 3 months old baby... is there any other way to re-enter???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello everyone
thank you
You cannot travel on a bridging visa E. Were you not aware of this, before embarking on this particular pathway?
Thanks for your reply
I was aware of this, submitted priority processing request but no luck , still waiting for reply from immi.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
You can not travel on a Bridging Visa E - and chances of getting a Visitor Visa to live in Australia while your 820 is decided if not impossible is very slim.

There are procedures, policy and regulation that determine if a visa application can be made and if a visa can be granted.

(From memory) There was a person on a BVE that their father got very ill and died during the wait for the 820 application and he could not even go to the funeral - he was very bitter over that. But it is just the rules.

The BVE is a very nasty visa and in my opinion should be avoided at all ( or almost every case) costs as far as the 820 is concerned.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Thanks for your reply
What if I apply visitor visa to re-enter...???
I have 3 months old baby... is there any other way to re-enter???
If you leave on a BVE, not much chance for a tourist visa, depending on the time frame in which the BVE was granted after your substantive visa ceased.

Even if you are not subject to an exclusion period, I don't like your chances to get a visitor visa. No other realistic way that I can think of.

It is probably best to stay put. I always caution people about this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Addition to this, if I am correct,

If you were granted a BVE instead of BVA, is that mean you not holding a substantive visa or on a bridging visa when you lodge the partner visa?

If this is the case, your application will have to deal with Schedule 3 waiver provision later before your visa can be granted. That means potential longer processing time than usual...and to be honest, not a easy one to get waived..

I will suggest you stay on your BVE onshore, otherwise 309/100 may be your option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Addition to this, if I am correct,

If you were granted a BVE instead of BVA, is that mean you not holding a substantive visa or on a bridging visa when you lodge the partner visa?

If this is the case, your application will have to deal with Schedule 3 waiver provision later before your visa can be granted. That means potential longer processing time than usual...and to be honest, not a easy one to get waived..

I will suggest you stay on your BVE onshore, otherwise 309/100 may be your option.
Thanks for your reply
I was on 457 visa but due to unpaid wages I took a step against employer and got wages through fair works and notify immi about stressful environment and wages, and resigned from position on 23 nov 2017 with 2 weeks notice, lodge 820 on 19 December 2017 , 457 visa got cancelled on 6 August 2018
Applied bridging visa E on 7 August 2018
Reason for travelling is ritual ceremony for my 3 months old daughter, whole family will be travelling and I have slip disc problem can't lift my daughter.
I know it's complicated case but do you think it will be hard to get visitor visa???
Any other way to re-enter Australia???
Thank you

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Your daughter does not require travel, a visa will not be granted.

As a visa most likely will not be granted - a slip disc is not an issue

Your chose of a E Bridging visa seems very poor.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Thanks for your reply
I was on 457 visa but due to unpaid wages I took a step against employer and got wages through fair works and notify immi about stressful environment and wages, and resigned from position on 23 nov 2017 with 2 weeks notice, lodge 820 on 19 December 2017 , 457 visa got cancelled on 6 August 2018
Applied bridging visa E on 7 August 2018
Reason for travelling is ritual ceremony for my 3 months old daughter, whole family will be travelling and I have slip disc problem can't lift my daughter.
I know it's complicated case but do you think it will be hard to get visitor visa???
Any other way to re-enter Australia???
Thank you
Exclusion period may not apply, but I would not risk relying on being granted a tourist visa. As I said before, there is no other way. Sorry, if that is not what you want to hear. Stay put until you have your partner visa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.