Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,
I am about to lodge my wifes 820/801 onshore partner visa application and my question concerns the bridging visa.

From what I read online, its granted automatically once the application is lodged and the fees are paid.

How are you notified of this? Can you just assume that it's been granted or do you get something via email to confirm it.. or are you meant to do something else?

Can someone explain the process?

thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi,

thanks for your reply do you get that straight away.. or is there a delay of a few days?

thanks,
Michael
I have received two bridging visas myself, and my partner one - and they range from 2-4 minutes after getting an email from DHA regarding a valid application having been lodged. In case that helps :)

There might be exceptions where it takes longer (few days/a week).

Reactions: Heisenberg61

·
Registered
7 Posts
You will get an email confirmation
I have the same situation here. I submitted the application yesterday and received Acknowledgement of Application received, payment status is paid, but I have not received any notification regarding BVA. When I logged in online application, view details, I can see a menu on the side saying "bridging visa info", and says" Bridging visas allow visa applicants to stay in Australia while their application is assessed. For more information on bridging visas visit our website.
Important: An applicant who wishes to travel outside Australia before their application is decided must hold a Bridging Visa B."
i am getting lost here..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the same situation here. I submitted the application yesterday and received Acknowledgement of Application received, payment status is paid, but I have not received any notification regarding BVA. When I logged in online application, view details, I can see a menu on the side saying "bridging visa info", and says" Bridging visas allow visa applicants to stay in Australia while their application is assessed. For more information on bridging visas visit our website.
Important: An applicant who wishes to travel outside Australia before their application is decided must hold a Bridging Visa B."
i am getting lost here..
Mabey you could call them ?

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am about to lodge my wifes 820/801 onshore partner visa application and my question concerns the bridging visa.

From what I read online, its granted automatically once the application is lodged and the fees are paid.

How are you notified of this? Can you just assume that it's been granted or do you get something via email to confirm it.. or are you meant to do something else?

Can someone explain the process?

thanks,
Michael
Ours was a couple of years ago now, but they came seconds apart.

TWO Emails received from Immigration re 820 application, with attachment documents.
  • 14 May 2016, 11:54 IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received (820)
  • 14 May 2016, 11:54 IMMI Bridging Visa Grant Notification

It would be just as easy for them to attach the BVA pdf with the first email, along with the other pdf's.

Depending on what visa you currently have, they may delay sending the BVA if it doesn't come into effect immediately?

Reactions: Heisenberg61

·
Registered
48 Posts
The email should come almost instantly, if you didn't receive it maybe check junk mail? if not probably just system error. If immigov says you have a bridging visa I think you can download the pdf confirmation through there?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.