Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

Couple questions here.

1. At what point during the 820 application process is a bridging visa issued? (is it before or after submitting evidence once you've paid?)

2. Is the briding visa type automatically selected or can you request for a specific one?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Normally a BVA is issued soon after a valid sc. 820 has been lodged, provided you hold a substantive visa at the time. You don’t apply for a bridging visa separately and you cannot select any particular type yourself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you explain what you mean by a valid 820 has been lodged?

For instance, after I submit and pay for stage 1 is that considered a valid 820 or is there more that I need to submit?

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Can you explain what you mean by a valid 820 has been lodged?

For instance, after I submit and pay for stage 1 is that considered a valid 820 or is there more that I need to submit?
There is no payment for "stage 1" ( the sc. 820 visa). The payment is for the permanent , sc. 801, visa. You apply for both visas at the same time.

Requirements for making a valid application are contained in schedule 1 of the Migration Regulations.

In simple terms, once you have paid for and lodged the application, you will receive an acknowledgement letter, stating that the application has been received.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.