Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
We put in our Partner Visa application and were granted our BVA. We have a little bit of confusion that we're hoping someone can help us with. As you may know when you're granted your BVA it says you still have to comply with the substantive visa being our current Tourist Visa as the BVA comes into effect once the T.V. ends. Jan 29 is the end of this 3 month stay for my girlfriend Ghita and the T.V. expires in April.
Does Ghita have to fly back to Indonesia on the 29th or does she stay here now? We've been told through some mixed marriage pages that no, she doesn't have to fly back as the BVA will take effect from the 29th. These people are speaking from personal experience with their own cases.
Is this true that the BVA will take effect from the 29th being the end of this 3 month stay instead of the end of April.
I've tried getting a definitive answer out of Immigration through their FB page but I just get the answers to questions I already know and trying to speak to them on the phone is near impossible.
Thanks in advance guys

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
If your partner stays in Australia after the maximum stay period is up, the tourist visa will cease and the bridging visa will come into effect.

If she leaves before the stay period is up, and returns before the expiry date of the visa, then another 3 month stay period will commence.

So she should just stay put and the bridging visa will come into effect on 29 January.

Note that you cannot travel on a BVA and that a BVB must be in place before any future overseas trips.

Reactions: Wookie

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Just take of his NOTE.

Many get this wrong and it is stress and tears - a BVB is needed for travel before travel is taken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.