Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

Can someone help me understand something about my bridging visa?
I’m on my student visa now, which will expired in Three weeks. One month ago I applied for a new visa (461) and I received my Bridging Visa A, that will be active on the 16 October .

The thing is, my bridging visa came with work limitation (the same from the student visa) and it says that I can only work 40h a fortnight when the course/training is still in session. BUT my course ended a couple of months ago and I’m on my holidays period, which allows me to work full time. My new visa has nothing to do with studies and I won’t be studying anything during my bridging visa. So how this limitation applies? Even not studying I will have this 40h restriction or can I work full time when the bridging visa starts? I’m confused

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hi Everyone

Can someone help me understand something about my bridging visa?
I'm on my student visa now, which will expired in Three weeks. One month ago I applied for a new visa (461) and I received my Bridging Visa A, that will be active on the 16 October .

The thing is, my bridging visa came with work limitation (the same from the student visa) and it says that I can only work 40h a fortnight when the course/training is still in session. BUT my course ended a couple of months ago and I'm on my holidays period, which allows me to work full time. My new visa has nothing to do with studies and I won't be studying anything during my bridging visa. So how this limitation applies? Even not studying I will have this 40h restriction or can I work full time when the bridging visa starts? I'm confused
The limitation applies when the course is in session. So when the course is not in session, or there is no course, then the limitation obviously does not apply. I think in some instances the conditions of the previous visa are automatically attached to the bridging visa.

Contact the department for clarification, if you are worried about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.