Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

My student visa expired on 14-10-2018, but i filed my protection visa application on 19-09-2018. I have not yet granted a bridging visa yet.
Does anyone know how long dies it take DIBP to grant it or should i call DIBP?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

My student visa expired on 14-10-2018, but i filed my protection visa application on 19-09-2018. I have not yet granted a bridging visa yet.
Does anyone know how long dies it take DIBP to grant it or should i call DIBP?
Hi Moham. My Partner just applied for her Bridging Visa B on the 04/10/2018 and her flight is due tonight (15/10/2018). We applied through the immi portal but didn't get the BvB grant notification until we call them up around 3pm today. We were told that it has been granted on the 08/08/2018! The stress that me and my partner had gone through these few days were immense and the find out that there is an issue with the immi portal where the system failed to send us a grant notification is beyond me. We have been checking our e-mail and the immi portal 20 times a day, everyday! Now that we got our grant number through the phone and got a copy of the BvB from Vevo website, the immi portal is still not showing the BvB being approved!??

Therefore my advise is to give them a call and INSIST that they check the progress of the application.

On the 12th October (4 days before our flight), nervous as we are, we actually drove to the Immigration department in Melbourne to seek for help. The person working there (long hair guy with nail polish) is extremely rude and condescending, he cut me off mid sentence and just pass me a number to call, pretty much showing zero interest in helping at all. We then tried to call the 13 14 50 number and the lady on the line was hopeless too, she kept giving us the generic response: "unfortunately, we can't guarantee that the application will be processed in time. There is nothing she can do and all you can do is wait." In hind sight, now that we know the BvB was actually granted before even we called her on the 12th is just ridiculous, she could have just spend 2 minutes to check the application for us but instead she decided to be lazy! All in all, we are not very impressed with the way things were handled. We acknowledge that we should have applied for the BvB 2 weeks prior instead of 11 days prior but it still doesn't justify how poorly this was handled by the team, especially when the grant was actually granted already, not to mention they charge so much for such a simple application. :mad:

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Hi Moham. My Partner just applied for her Bridging Visa B on the 04/10/2018 and her flight is due tonight (15/10/2018). We applied through the immi portal but didn't get the BvB grant notification until we call them up around 3pm today. We were told that it has been granted on the 08/08/2018! The stress that me and my partner had gone through these few days were immense and the find out that there is an issue with the immi portal where the system failed to send us a grant notification is beyond me. We have been checking our e-mail and the immi portal 20 times a day, everyday! Now that we got our grant number through the phone and got a copy of the BvB from Vevo website, the immi portal is still not showing the BvB being approved!??

Therefore my advise is to give them a call and INSIST that they check the progress of the application.

On the 12th October (4 days before our flight), nervous as we are, we actually drove to the Immigration department in Melbourne to seek for help. The person working there (long hair guy with nail polish) is extremely rude and condescending, he cut me off mid sentence and just pass me a number to call, pretty much showing zero interest in helping at all. We then tried to call the 13 14 50 number and the lady on the line was hopeless too, she kept giving us the generic response: "unfortunately, we can't guarantee that the application will be processed in time. There is nothing she can do and all you can do is wait." In hind sight, now that we know the BvB was actually granted before even we called her on the 12th is just ridiculous, she could have just spend 2 minutes to check the application for us but instead she decided to be lazy! All in all, we are not very impressed with the way things were handled. We acknowledge that we should have applied for the BvB 2 weeks prior instead of 11 days prior but it still doesn't justify how poorly this was handled by the team, especially when the grant was actually granted already, not to mention they charge so much for such a simple application. :mad:
Interesting, so the grant didn't show up in immi and the app in immi didn't show "finalized" in your immi account before you called?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Interesting, so the grant didn't show up in immi and the app in immi didn't show "finalized" in your immi account before you called?
Hey Skybluebrewer

Nope it doesn't show up. Under "Bridging Visa Information" it shows that it is submitted 04 Oct 2018. However when I clicked on "View Bridging visa grant notifications", it only shows the last approved BvB in 2017, no notification in regards to the latest application. I've checked the e-mail address on the application as well and it is there is no typo, therefore it is definitely something wrong with the immi system.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Hey Skybluebrewer

Nope it doesn't show up. Under "Bridging Visa Information" it shows that it is submitted 04 Oct 2018. However when I clicked on "View Bridging visa grant notifications", it only shows the last approved BvB in 2017, no notification in regards to the latest application. I've checked the e-mail address on the application as well and it is there is no typo, therefore it is definitely something wrong with the immi system.
That's unfortunate. Something similar happened to me a few years ago. They had typed '.cm' instead of '.com' so an email never made it to me. Never showed up in my immi account either. Fortunately it got sorted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HI Guys,

Thanks for your reply!!! I emailed home affairs department in regards to Bridging visa. They have notified me that my application has been processed and they cannot provide a timeframe. Anyone on this forum has applied for Protection visa?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.