Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I realize this has been a hot topic discussed in many web sites and as almost of them are very old posts, thought of reposting it. I am in Australia on my 175 and my wife on her 309 (which will be converted to 100 in an year). My wife is now pregnant and decided to deliver the baby in India.

I understand that the child visa 101 is the preferred method to bring the baby to Oz. However, as the time taken for this visa is 12 months+ (which is a big problem to us) and the rumours that I hear from people around about bringing the child on a Family sponsored visitor visa and then apply for a PR visa from Aus. Has anyone recently gone by this option and become successful? After reading multiple other threads, I guess the "No further Stay" can be a threat to us as well with the visitor visa. I am confused !!

Can someone please provide your valuable inputs in this? Please let me know if anyone has brought a baby on a visitor visa and converted to the PR visa recently.

Regards,

Vipz :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thought GBP. But if I understand it right, a visitor visa can be issued not only for tourists, but for people visiting relatives and friends as well ? Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
All family sponsored visitor visa's come with a no further stay clause.

A normal tourist visa I am not sure if it is even possible for a baby to be granted a tourist visa, as I have the same question as GBP ... how would they satisfy genuine tourism purposes ie. Intention to leave Australia at the end of the tourist visa period.

I suggest posting in Ask Mark and see what he says.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
It's too bad your wife isn't willing to give birth in Australia - the baby would have citizenship by descent then and avoid this entire problem.

Reactions: Tigerali

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your valuable advices. I have been doing a lot of research on this topic, talking to the immigration officers here in Perth etc. Looks like it could be a tougher and a very expensive option. Finally, we changed our mind and we will be doing the delivery here in Australia.. That way, it solves all these issues.

Thank again everyone..

Cheers !

Vipz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.