Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My partner and I (Australian Citizen) am planning to travel to Australia with her on a tourist visa and may apply for a partner visa once we arrive. My partner's tourist visa has already been approved without any problems.

We have been living overseas for the past few years and I would like to bring back some of my important personal documents (e.g. Uni degree) when we return. These documents are my own personal documents and will NOT be used for the partner visa application. My partner is, however, concerned that this may cause some problems during the immigration border control. For example, the fact that I am carrying personal documents may raise questions about the story that we are visiting family and friends. My counter arguement is that I could quite easily say I am bringing the documents to leave with my parents or something for storage.

Are my partners concerns valid? Has anyone else had problems when bringing in non-visa related documents? I am not particularly keen on the idea of shipping documents and would like to keep it to shipping visa relevant documents only if possible. Nonetheless, it would be stupid to create unnecessary stress at the border control.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
You are an Australian citizen so it won't be an issue for you. However, if the documents were your partners who is coming on a tourist visa then I would recommend not to carry them, as they could say they are not a tourist.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Like Mish said. On a side note, I wouldn't trust airlines to not lose my luggage so I personally would rather send important things like that via certified post unless I'm taking it as a carry on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.