Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

My name is Mark asking for help for those who have knowledge when it come to visa. I'm Australian Citizen i would like to bring my dad or brother to live and work in Australia im willing to sponsor them. but im worried about the family balance test i have 5 siblings who live in my country and im the only one who live here in Australia. I support them until now all my sibling dont have good job back home and my dad is a welder he learned that skill from his parents. i just want to bring either my dad or my brother here in Australia so i can have one of my family here to help me to support them. I want to know what sort of visa to apply for my dad/brother to live and work here in Australia. thank you guys hoping you can help me.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
If they can meet the criteria for a 489 visa and you live in a designated area, they could possibly apply for this visa. It's the only one that has some form of family sponsorship. Because there are only a very few invitations given each invitation round, they would need to score very high points. Also, if your father is already 45 years old, then he isn't eligible for a visa.

Your brother cannot include your father in his application, so your father would need to be eligible for his own visa. Assuming your brother is already an adult, then likely he cannot be included in your father's application either and would need to apply for his own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.