Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

A little background, I'm a 24 year old US citizen living in Tasmania on a Work & Holiday visa (462) with my partner, which I have lived with since August 2014. My visa expires in July 2015. Prior to this we had a semi long-distance relationship while we were both living in NQ and I was studying my Masters degree for 1 1/2 years on a Student Higher Education visa (573).

The problem I have now is this:
I have accidentally gone over my 6 month work limitation by 2 weeks. I have since stopped working but I am now sick to my stomach because in the next 5-6 weeks (after my relationship rego comes in) I will be applying for an on-shore partnership visa and I am very concerned that I will be rejected due to violating the conditions of my current visa, and I can't afford to throw away $6,865AU!

If anyone has any advice I would be forever grateful.

Kind Regards,
Elizabeth

·
Registered
78 Posts
I agree with wrussel. Just lodge it. I guess immi wont track that down if no one reports it. if that happens, at that time you will just tell the truth as you aware after it has passed two weeks and you immediately quitted after you aware.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.