Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, guys, hope for ur help!
the situation is - i left australia 2 months ago. my permanent partner visa was ( is) in progress and i had bridging visa A, with wich I couldnt travel. but had to leave immediately for my family back in lithuania and it was no time change it to bridging visa b.
when i go to my immi accounct it says my partner visa is processing. so i applied for e visitor yesterday, have i did the right thing? is it the correct visa to return to australia to finish the main one?
and will it affect the decision, that i left and broked bridging visa conditions?

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
You potentially have a problem. When did you lodge your partner visa? If it's not granted before your visitor visa expires, you'll need to leave again. And if you applied for an onshore partner visa, you'll need to be onshore when they're ready to grant the visa. If you can't get another visitor visa to get back to Australia, you're in trouble.

I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent to see if your visitor visa is the best option for you.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
You can apply to get your BVA reinstated once you are back onshore. The issue is if the 820 is granted before you come back or your tourist visa does not get granted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You potentially have a problem. When did you lodge your partner visa? If it's not granted before your visitor visa expires, you'll need to leave again. And if you applied for an onshore partner visa, you'll need to be onshore when they're ready to grant the visa. If you can't get another visitor visa to get back to Australia, you're in trouble.

I'd suggest you speak with a migration agent to see if your visitor visa is the best option for you.
my partner visa was lodged in australia on 27 february 2014.
and my husband was contacting the departament, they suggested to get e visitor.
and i today got granted my evisitor.

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
Assuming your visitor visa is valid for at least 6 months, you may then be fine to simply return and wait out the processing of your partner visa. Just keep in mind that your visitor visa may have individual stay limits of 3 months so you'd have to make a quick trip to NZ or Bali, and then return to comply with this condition.

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
my partner visa was lodged in australia on 27 february 2014.
and my husband was contacting the departament, they suggested to get e visitor.
and i today got granted my evisitor.
Congrats. When you get back there is a form to fill in where you can get your bridging visa a reinstated.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Yep, what Mish said. Thank goodness your evisitor was granted! If it hadn't been (which is a real possibility when leaving the country without a BVB) you might have had a HUGE problem and had your visa denied.

As Mish said, there's a form to get your BVA reinstated once you're back in the country on your visitor visa. I'd suggest doing that. The BVA won't kick in until the visitor visa expires (so no working!) but at least you won't have to worry about leaving once the visitor visa expires, if the 820 hasn't been granted yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, what Mish said. Thank goodness your evisitor was granted! If it hadn't been (which is a real possibility when leaving the country without a BVB) you might have had a HUGE problem and had your visa denied.

As Mish said, there's a form to get your BVA reinstated once you're back in the country on your visitor visa. I'd suggest doing that. The BVA won't kick in until the visitor visa expires (so no working!) but at least you won't have to worry about leaving once the visitor visa expires, if the 820 hasn't been granted yet.
thanks, guys!! im really really happy that i got e visitor :) buying a ticket to australia for end of this months :)
U think i wont get any trouble on australian border? they will let me in? or any chances sending me back to europe??

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Nah, I don't think they'd have a problem letting you in. If it was going to be an issue they wouldn't have given you an eVisitor in the first place. If they say anything, just let them know you've already applied for the 820, that you had to leave the country due to a family emergency, and now you're coming back in so your 820 can be granted. They shouldn't hassle you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.