Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Next year my husbands sister wants to come to Australia to complete her last two years of high school with the hopes of getting into Australian medical school, all of which me and my husband will have to pay for her education, she wont be able to get PR as a doctor until after she actually finishes medical school, I have a vauge memory of Woolworths offering PR to workers to stay with them for a certain amount of years does anyone know if this is correct? she will need to be finding a casual job anyway but if she can start right away and stay with them long enough we hope she will get PR quicker and most of her medical school wont cost us as much when she is PR. Is there any other big companies that offer it after a few years of working?

· Registered
264 Posts
No. Permanent residence does not work like that. In order to be sponsors for pr, she would need an occupation on one of the skills lists. Which she doesn't have.

Also, I am not aware of any visa that would allow her to attend high school in Australia.

She could, once she has sufficient qualifications from her own country, study at university in Australia. However, she would be an international student and would recieve no government help and be looking at massive fees - over $10,000 per year.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I have researched before you can get a study visa for over 16 years of age, and can attend Australian high schools but it will be either a special international school or a private school only, government schools do not accept International student's

· Registered
6,928 Posts
I assume Woolworths employing about 200,000 people have had to fill positions for butchers, bakers and candlestick makers from people abroad on 457 leading to PR.

They certainly can not just offer PR for any position.

· Registered
6,928 Posts
There are over 2,000 primary and secondary high schools in NSW. International students can choose from over 150 of these schools in Sydney and regional locations.

Students who want to study in Australia for two or more years and complete the Higher School Certificate (HSC) may choose from a range of schools and locations.

· Registered
7,393 Posts

· Premium Member
5,249 Posts
It looks like a 571 visa would apply to secondary school students, however I think it is a risk to plan on subsequent visas and then leading to PR as a doctor so she may need to always be prepared that a roadblock may be installed and she may need to leave Australia in order to come back in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.