Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon everyone

I have a quick question. I am currently on a 417 Working Holiday visa. The conditions state that I am only able to work with one employer for 6 months at a time.

I understand that if people are to apply and get accepted for a second year, they are able to return to their previous employment for another 6 months again.

The question I have is similar but in relation to a Bridging Visa A. I have been granted this as I have applied for my 457 Sponsored Visa. Does this mean that I can return to work with one of my previous employers again for 6 months too?

I applied for a work extension using a 1445 form and my employer provided a letter backing this up. However I have not heard anything back yet. I'm worried that I will not be able to keep up with rent over the next 9-11 months, projected for my application's processing time.

If I can continue working with my current employer for another 6 months as the Bridging Visa A acts as a 'clean-slate' so to speak, that would be perfect.

Many thanks,
Ash :)

·
Super Moderator
5,266 Posts
I've seen a migration agent post previously that the 6-month restriction is lifted when a 457 application is lodged, but I don't have a link to the post or any legislation about that. But if you've already submitted form 1445, hopefully you'll get a response on that before too long.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
In the past, if someone on a 417 visa worked for an employer who was sponsoring them for an employer sponsored visa, the work restriction would usually be waived. I did a 417 to 187 like this, but that was a while ago.

·
Registered
5,940 Posts
In the past I have managed 417 to 457 applications that 'stopped the 6-month clock' but I have not done the research to know what would happen under the new rules.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.