Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just got my BVA (after recently submitting the 820 visa application online) and it says that there are no restrictions on my Bridging Visa. However, I read online that the restrictions I have with my Tourist Visa will apply on my BVA, is this true? I have the 8101 and 8201 restrictions on my Tourist Visa.

If that's the case, can I re-apply for a BVA to have work rights? Thank you!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
No you need to wait for the Visitor Visa expires.

What is the stay period on the Visitor Visa?

DO NOT cancel the Visitor Visa.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No you need to wait for the Visitor Visa expires.

What is the stay period on the Visitor Visa?

DO NOT cancel the Visitor Visa.
Hi ampk! I have a max of 3 month stay, and it expires on the 21st. Do I have work rights on the BVA automatically, or will the 8101 restriction from my Tourist Visa apply on the BVA? Thank you!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
What date did you enter Australia? The BVA kicks in when the stay period ends, not the visa expiration.

Your grant letter is what you go by. If it says you have no work restrictions, you have no work restrictions as long as the BVA is active.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Hi ampk! I have a max of 3 month stay, and it expires on the 21st. Do I have work rights on the BVA automatically, or will the 8101 restriction from my Tourist Visa apply on the BVA? Thank you!
When your current visa expires you will be held to the listed conditions of your new one.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes the Visitor Visa will expire 3 months after the entry into Australia date - so it can be after the 21st. (If you were to enter Australia on the 20th you still have a 3 month stay on that Visitor Visa).

I have not heard of a BVA granted after a 820 Partner Visa application ever having work restrictions, so check VEVO when your stay period expires - but you should then have automatic work rights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.