Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day
My wife is going to take our baby overseas for two months, to show off our cute and awesome daughter, see her sisters, nephew, parents, and various close friends which have also had babies recently (and most of all visit her favorite restaurants :D ). Therefore I am applying for the Bridging type B online.

Is it really necessary to change her address with immi, as she will be spending some nights at different friends apartments, staying with her parents, and also staying at her sister's house? There is a chance that she may stay at her sister's for a 14 day period but there will be a lot of shifting around based on her friend's availability. The whole time we will be in constant contact, with daily video chats, voice call, and texting, so if we receive any correspondence i can be straight on it.

Also, I have attached return tickets and passports, do i really need any other evidence like list out her friends and their addresses and the restaurants she wants to visit, in some detailed statement?

btw I am planning on submitting our chat history on her return to our 820 application.

Cheers in advance for any tips.

· Premium Member
1,668 Posts
The instructions are pretty clear: "If the applicant intends to reside at an overseas address for a period of 14 days or more, complete the 'Change of Address' form which can be found in the 'Update us' page. The applicants address must also be updated on their return to Australia."

The application form asks for reasons for travel, you can briefly explain them there (the restaurants are probably too much detail!)

· Registered
2 Posts
Address change BVB

Hi,

I am from Australia and my partner is from Germany. We are currently visiting her family in Germany for six weeks.

My question is; Do we both need to change our address in "her" IMMI account??

Thanks,
Jacob

· Registered
9 Posts
Surely if you change update your address, won't that then invalidate your travel insurance ? My travel insurance policy i have just booked for a 6 week holiday clearly states it needs an Australian address.

Surely immigration understands that a holiday is not a permanent change of address ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.