Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
US citizen on BVA currently awaiting processing on my 801/820 visa application.
I'm trying to plan a month-long holiday in October with my partner to visit my family in the US, as well as a short stint in Europe before returning to Australia. Information online about applying for a BVB is extremely vague; I have two questions:
1. Would my above travel plans considered a “substantial reason” for wanting to leave Australia?
2. Should I plan my trip first (book tickets etc.) to show as part of my BVB application, or should I apply and wait on approval of the BVB before booking anything?
I'm hoping someone here has some experience with a similar situation and can shed some light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,597 Posts
Hi all,
US citizen on BVA currently awaiting processing on my 801/820 visa application.
I'm trying to plan a month-long holiday in October with my partner to visit my family in the US, as well as a short stint in Europe before returning to Australia. Information online about applying for a BVB is extremely vague; I have two questions:
1. Would my above travel plans considered a "substantial reason" for wanting to leave Australia?
2. Should I plan my trip first (book tickets etc.) to show as part of my BVB application, or should I apply and wait on approval of the BVB before booking anything?
I'm hoping someone here has some experience with a similar situation and can shed some light.
Visiting family in home country and having an overseas holiday with one's partner is generally suufficient reason to be granted a BVB.

I would not confirm any bookings until you actually have the BVB, but you can provide an itinerary or quote for tickets etc. with the application.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top