Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hopefully someone can enlighten my situation as I'm stressing, and haven't been in this position before! I'm currently about 8 months into my PVR (Partner visa as my wife is an Australian citizen)

My wife and I are travelling to see my family in Canada for Xmas we leave on the 22nd! We applied on the 22nd of October, 2 months before our departure and have heard nothing back in regards to the BVB, we have been charged the application fee and it says 'submitted' in my immi account - I have called twice they couldn't give me any information, I have emailed - Never got a response.

A few weeks ago I got a request for a medical, I got it done and sorted in a few days (I passed my health examination so all good there) and about a week ago PVR application went to ' Assessment in Progress' and still remains the same today.

Has anyone been in a similar situation ? Or have any experience on how soon prior to travel date that a BVB is granted ?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

· Registered
647 Posts
the BVB can be granted in as little as 3 days before your intended date of departure!! When I travelled during my 820 processing I lodged a BVB about 3 weeks before my travel dates. After some issues with my initial application getting lost (between floors of the same building!!)...I was granted the visa 9 days before I flew out of Australia

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. It's frustrating when we applied so long ago and figured it would all be resolved by now. Have you heard of any situations when the BVB hasn't been granted ?
Just stressing a bit I guess, not having an answer is difficult!
Thanks again!

· Registered
647 Posts
Honestly no,I haven't heard of anyone being refused a BVB. I believe years ago you had to have a compelling reason for wanting to leave Australia during processing but now the processing time is so stupidly long that "to visit family" is a good enough reason. If the money has been taken then I suspect you will hear something in the next week or so

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.