Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone have experience applying for the BVB visa for traveling purposes? Is there a travel time limitation? Do you have to apply for a BVB every time you leave Australia? What was your experience like?

I am in the research stages of applying for the 820/801 Partner Visa however, I am wondering how flexible the BVB visa is for traveling internationally.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Usually it is only granted for a limited time, like 3 months. So yes, likely you'll need to apply again if you need to leave again outside of the travel period. There's also no guarantee it'll be granted or granted in time for a trip, so if you're planning to be out of Australia a lot, maybe you should consider an offshore partner visa.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Usually it is only granted for a limited time, like 3 months. So yes, likely you'll need to apply again if you need to leave again outside of the travel period. There's also no guarantee it'll be granted or granted in time for a trip, so if you're planning to be out of Australia a lot, maybe you should consider an offshore partner visa.
Really? no guarantee!!
My wife applied 820 visa May last year. Currently on BVA. Just applied BVB this friday. We Are planning to go overseas together early May.
Just about to book the flight tickets, should we book now or wait until BVB is granted? Ticket price getting higher and higher?
I have also heart case officer won't process until close to your travel date which state on the BVB application.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It is an application and there's not a 100% guarantee. Especially if someone is asking for long periods.

But you're most likely to get it. The big issue comes with processing times. I think the website says apply 2 weeks before but they seem to take a while you process. Can be stressful knowing you have flights and haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My wife is waiting for 820. We go overseas for 3 weeks on March 28th. We applied for BVB January 31st. A few weeks went by and heard nothing. I called the department and the guy said to keep waiting because it will sit in the system until they look at it like 2-3 weeks before departure. He said if it gets to 2 days before we go and havent heard anything still to call again. I wasn't going to wait that long. I called them again last Monday and told the lady its hard to be excited for a holiday when you dont know if you can go or not because we had been waiting for an approval and its stressful. She contacted the processing centre and told me to keep checking my immi account. 2 minutes after the call we got the grant letter for BVB. You just have to give detail on why you're travelling. My reasoning is it has been a year since we were in Thailand and my wife wants to see her family and friends plus we now have a baby born in October who are yet to meet the family in Thailand

·
Registered
31 Posts
My wife is waiting for 820. We go overseas for 3 weeks on March 28th. We applied for BVB January 31st. A few weeks went by and heard nothing. I called the department and the guy said to keep waiting because it will sit in the system until they look at it like 2-3 weeks before departure. He said if it gets to 2 days before we go and havent heard anything still to call again. I wasn't going to wait that long. I called them again last Monday and told the lady its hard to be excited for a holiday when you dont know if you can go or not because we had been waiting for an approval and its stressful. She contacted the processing centre and told me to keep checking my immi account. 2 minutes after the call we got the grant letter for BVB. You just have to give detail on why you're travelling. My reasoning is it has been a year since we were in Thailand and my wife wants to see her family and friends plus we now have a baby born in October who are yet to meet the family in Thailand
Hi jp,

did you only get 3 weeks BVB? Is that all? Is it normally 3 months minimum?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sorry. Got ya, you are going for 3 weeks.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully, we will get BVB early.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi jp,

did you only get 3 weeks BVB? Is that all? Is it normally 3 months minimum?
Our BVB was granted last Monday March 12th and expired April 28th. We go to Thailand on March 28th and arrive back in Aus April 19th. So to answer your question the BVB period we got is more than 3 weeks but it is not for 3 months.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It is an application and there's not a 100% guarantee. Especially if someone is asking for long periods.

But you're most likely to get it. The big issue comes with processing times. I think the website says apply 2 weeks before but they seem to take a while you process. Can be stressful knowing you have flights and haven't heard back yet.
Thanks.

Anyway, i will book the flight tickets next week. Since we have a really tight schedule for this trip.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Posted BVB application on 15/03/2018, was delivered next day by express.

The payment of $145 hasn't been deducted from my credit card.

when do they normally take the payment? once they receive the application or when they start to process?!

stressed!!!!:mad::mad:

I have just booked our flight tickets today.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.