Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my husband applied for bvb last month on 26th march online through an imigration agent. we are due to fly on Monday 23rd April 3 days from now and still he has not received any confirmation whether the Visa was granted or denied. is this normal? what could of gone wrong? his agent tried emailing them a week ago and no response. we also tried emailing them multiple times and still nothing. the department is not open on the weekend so we can't even contact them to fix by Monday. has anyone ever been granted the Visa on the day of departure?

·
Registered
11 Posts
did the agent give you some kind of application number or reference? do you have an immi account where it is all being logged?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Mine took about 6 weeks back in 2015 to finalize.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I would be questioning if it was lodged and if it was, was it lodged correctly?

I have never heard of them waiting until the day of travel to grant it.

You would have been better phoning them than emailing them as they don't always read/reply to emails. At least phoning you could have spoken to a human and got some answers. I would be phoning first thing Monday morning.

What time is your flight?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be questioning if it was lodged and if it was, was it lodged correctly?

I have never heard of them waiting until the day of travel to grant it.

You would have been better phoning them than emailing them as they don't always read/reply to emails. At least phoning you could have spoken to a human and got some answers. I would be phoning first thing Monday morning.

What time is your flight?
our flight is meant to be in the evening at 8:45pm I tried calling the department of immigration last week on the menu there wasn't an option for bridging Visa b enquiry so I just selected another option I was on hold for nearly two and a half hours because there was a long queue finally I got on and spoke to the lady about the situation and she only gave me an email address and told me to email them and hopefully they will sort out the issue. we emailed them and nothing. I checked online and can't seem to find a phone number to get in contact with the people in charge of processing the actual bvb Visa

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Unfortunately there is just the generic email phone number, they don't give out internal numbers usually.

I would call again first thing Monday morning and speak with them and explain you are suppose to be flying out that day and the visa hasn't been granted. Then hopefully it will come through soon afterwards.

He may need to change the flight and join you when the BVB comes through.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
Your agent should have access to the appropriate channels to sort this out.

Reactions: Mish

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your agent should have access to the appropriate channels to sort this out.
All the agent did to try and help the issue was send an email on technical support*form from the immigration website to ask if there might or been a technical error with the lodged application and apparently he still hasn't recieved a reply. personally I think my husband wasted his money with this agent as he doesn't seem to have direct contact with the people in charge of processing bridging Visa B.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cvl93,
How did you get on with contacting immigration about the bvb? Did you find a way to contact the processing office? I also have applied for a bvb more than 2 weeks ago with proposed departure date being now and haven't heard anything. When I phoned the immigration line the lady I spoke to wasn't very helpful and just told me to wait.
I hope you got to have your trip away!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.