Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone advise. I have a BVA visa and I'm travelling to the UK on the 16th Jan for one month returning on the 17th Feb for my mothers 80th birthday and to see my family. When should I apply for my BVB visa?
Can I book my flights now? I don't want to leave it to long to book my flights I've read that they prefer you apply 2-3 weeks before you travel. So even if I apply 1st November will I not receive it until 2 weeks before I go? Or will I received 1 week after application?

Thanks in advance.

Gilly :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I applied for my BVB on Oct 27th, about 3.5 weeks before my planned travel date. It was granted yesterday, Oct 31st, after the payment went through. That's just four days, pretty quick. I also bought my tickets back in September because they were a good price and uploaded it as "evidence" in the application.

In my situation, because I am still on an active working holiday visa, my BVB will not be active until my WHV expires. From my understanding if you are on an active BVA your BVB will be active the day it is granted, which is why I believe they tell you to wait to apply until a few weeks before you travel. But I think BVBs are also being granted for a longer period of time. Mine is active until April 2019, even though ill only be gone for a month.

It was a bit of a risk to buy my ticket that early, but I think its worth the risk. It doesnt seem like too many BVB's are rejected and mine was granted super fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I applied for my BVB on Oct 27th, about 3.5 weeks before my planned travel date. It was granted yesterday, Oct 31st, after the payment went through. That's just four days, pretty quick. I also bought my tickets back in September because they were a good price and uploaded it as "evidence" in the application.

In my situation, because I am still on an active working holiday visa, my BVB will not be active until my WHV expires. From my understanding if you are on an active BVA your BVB will be active the day it is granted, which is why I believe they tell you to wait to apply until a few weeks before you travel. But I think BVBs are also being granted for a longer period of time. Mine is active until April 2019, even though ill only be gone for a month.

It was a bit of a risk to buy my ticket that early, but I think its worth the risk. It doesnt seem like too many BVB's are rejected and mine was granted super fast.
Thank you so much for your advice. Very kind of you to take the time to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.