Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I'm just wondering abt applying for BVB for Multiple entries. I'm planning to travel with my family during Christmas and New Year ( 18/12-6/1) and then a few days in Feb. Could I apply for that and when should I start to apply?:confused:

Many Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You should apply for a BVB a few weeks before you are set to leave. I applied 3.5 weeks before my trip and it was granted in 4 days. My BVB was granted for much longer than i needed (only needed a month, was granted 5 months). If I were you, since the dates are close together, I would just state the day you are leaving and put whatever date in Feb you are expecting to be back. If you come back sooner and leave again, its okay (as long as its within the granted dates and you are allowed multiple entries...though im not sure why it wouldn't be).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there,

We have two questions on the BVB process:

1. Do people have experience leaving Australia twice using the same BVB (provided that it has not expired, of course)? We have two upcoming trips, but were thinking we'd need to return to Australia for, say, a few weeks in between to apply for a new BVB. If we are allowed to exit Australia again after returning from the first trip using the same BVB we would only need to come back for a week.

2. Is there a way of applying for BVB online? We can't see it on our Immi Account anywhere, and are wondering if we can do it without sending off Form 1006.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there,

We have two questions on the BVB process:

1. Do people have experience leaving Australia twice using the same BVB (provided that it has not expired, of course)? We have two upcoming trips, but were thinking we'd need to return to Australia for, say, a few weeks in between to apply for a new BVB. If we are allowed to exit Australia again after returning from the first trip using the same BVB we would only need to come back for a week.

2. Is there a way of applying for BVB online? We can't see it on our Immi Account anywhere, and are wondering if we can do it without sending off Form 1006.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy
I cant really answer your first question, as I don't have experience with this. But the BVB that I was granted ] says "Multiple Entries" on it. I applied for my BVB online. If you click "view details" on your application then "Briding visa information" on the left, there should be an option that says "apply for a bridging visa" which should take you the application where you can apply for a BVB. Hope I explained that okay...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi JollyPanda,

Many thanks - you explained that perfectly. We clicked everything EXCEPT view details. But we have found the right place now. Thanks.

Good to know it says "multiple entry". Presumably "multiple entry" means just that, so we'll go ahead and apply and then carefully read the BVB when it comes through.

It would be great to receive a multiple entry BVB for 6 months so that we're not sweating each time we want to go overseas.

Thanks,

Jimmy

·
Registered
29 Posts
hi..

do we need to pay for applying bridging visa B ?
And let say the bridging visa B is granted for 3 months, after these 3 months, and when we are back to Australia, does our bridging visa A is actived automatically ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.