Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

We submitted our 820/801 partner visa application Early December.
Previous to this my partner (from The Netherlands) was on a tourist visa, we left on a cruise mid October to satisfy the 3 month stay conditions.
Unfortunately my partner was granted a BVC (No work rights)! We only recently found out why after we asked the immigration processing centre in WA. As below.

"with her partner visa application, as she was considered to be an unlawful non-citizen at the time that her partner visa application was lodged"

We have made contact and explained the situation and that none of this information was made available before hand. I even spoke to immigration before the cruise!! But they said its too bad and we could do either:

1. Request priority processing of the UK820 visa application

2. Withdraw the Partner application and re-lodge a new application whilst Ms ....... holds a substantive visa in Australia: No guarantees of a refund of course!

3. Continue with the current visa application, remain on a BVC and apply for work rights via the BVC application and not travel overseas until a decision has been made on the current visa application.

We're not sure where to go from here. We're both very frustrated and disappointed with the whole process. We tried to make sure from the beginning that everything was done correctly. Speaking to immigration many many times.

Now of course She can't travel, work and who knows how long until our visa is processed if at all granted. We have been in a relationship for 2 years and are worried this will hinder our application.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,241 Posts
Speaking with Immigration is often fruitless as they aren't qualified or trained to give advice, and often the information they provide is incorrect.

#1 is unlikely - Immigration would likely ask why they should make your application a priority when it was your error.
#2 is unlikely since you wouldn't get a refund so it adds extra time and cost to the process.
#3 is probably your best and only solution but perhaps speak with a migration agent to see what they may recommend.
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top