Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Im currently applying for the De Facto Partner Visa 820, and I am having trouble gathering call logs. As my partner and I were both in America the first two years of our relationship (I being American had a phone with service) and he being an Aussie resident and only going to school in America - he didnt have cell service. Our only form of contact was Snapchat, Imessage, facetime and skype. So a phone call log is pretty much useless as there were never official text messages or calls for the first two years of our relationship. Does anyone know how to gather Imessage history? and how much do they really want to see? There is a fair share of "adult" messages that Im not comfortable showing the government, how do I go about this? do they just need to see calls and some text messages say for every month just to show we were in contact? or is it best to send it all?
Also how do I retrieve facetime logs? I have backed my phone up countless time for storage purposes so I only have any texts and calls and facetimes on my phone from this year. I have to go back as far as 2015.
Also I am aware of this app called iMyFone D-Back which allows me to view allll texts and call logs but since its not an "official" log Im not sure if it will be accepted? Has anyone used one of these data retrieval apps?
It also costs money to retrieve the information officially and download it ($50) is it worth it to pay this fee? or can I just screenshot the messages? The only problem I could see with this is that it only shows the recipients name/number. Doesnt show whose phone records it actually is, if that makes sense.

Basically am just asking for help on how you all provided and retrieved deleted text messages and call logs!
Please help!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hi everyone,
Im currently applying for the De Facto Partner Visa 820, and I am having trouble gathering call logs. As my partner and I were both in America the first two years of our relationship (I being American had a phone with service) and he being an Aussie resident and only going to school in America - he didnt have cell service. Our only form of contact was Snapchat, Imessage, facetime and skype. So a phone call log is pretty much useless as there were never official text messages or calls for the first two years of our relationship. Does anyone know how to gather Imessage history? and how much do they really want to see? There is a fair share of "adult" messages that Im not comfortable showing the government, how do I go about this? do they just need to see calls and some text messages say for every month just to show we were in contact? or is it best to send it all?
Also how do I retrieve facetime logs? I have backed my phone up countless time for storage purposes so I only have any texts and calls and facetimes on my phone from this year. I have to go back as far as 2015.
Also I am aware of this app called iMyFone D-Back which allows me to view allll texts and call logs but since its not an "official" log Im not sure if it will be accepted? Has anyone used one of these data retrieval apps?
It also costs money to retrieve the information officially and download it ($50) is it worth it to pay this fee? or can I just screenshot the messages? The only problem I could see with this is that it only shows the recipients name/number. Doesnt show whose phone records it actually is, if that makes sense.

Basically am just asking for help on how you all provided and retrieved deleted text messages and call logs!
Please help!
My wife and I lived apart for the first six months of our relationship. She lived in Australia and I was in Canada. Text messages and skype were how we stayed connected. We would often take screen shots of sappy messages we had sent to each other, screen shots of us being on skype when one of us would fall a sleep, or just looking at each other.

We had six months worth of those, however we only ended up using three skype screen shots and about 6-8 text screen shots and just described the significance of them.

As for retrieving face time call logs, someone recently posted about this, I did a google search and the answers I found are here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They don't need to see much of the content if any.

This is a Skype log we used, I supplied a cover letter with some explanations including how the pages were selected and offered to supply all complete pages if required.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pffjprurwnn72u/Skype log S.pdf?dl=0
Been doing some research on how to retrieve logs and messages as well.
When I checked my Skype on Mac it shows history like 1 year ago, 6 months, 3 months and recent/ current. I also tried the search field using the microscope icon on the right part of Skype interface using key words... evidently not all years history shown. 1 year is the farthest.
I have seen this article, tho I haven't tried yet, I'm wondering how far can data will be fetched or if this is really just to back up...

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/m.wikihow.tech/Backup-Chat-History-on-Skype-on-PC-or-Mac?amp=1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.